- corporate culture -- a darwinist perspective. Wadsworth, Waddy // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p24
The article presents a Darwinist perspective on the existence of corporate culture. The author contends that the concept of corporate culture emerged as a result of a viral deception where culture became infected with a viral meme and the word corporate added by those in the non-sciences of...
- Talent Management and HRM in Multinational companies in Beijing: Definitions, differences and drivers. Iles, Paul; Chuai, Xin; Preece, David // Journal of World Business;Apr2010, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p179
Abstract: Talent Management (TM) has attracted increasing attention from academics and practitioners in recent years, but there are many gaps and omissions left for further theoretical and empirical development. One line of debate has been whether TM is merely a re-packaging of what already...
- Measuring and Managing Corporate Culture. Bookbinder, Stephen // Human Resource Planning;1984, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p47
This article defines corporate culture and its vital role in human resource planning. It presents a five-step plan for identifying an organization's culture.
- Advances and Challenges in Human Resource Management in the New Millennium. Chiavenato, Idalberto // Public Personnel Management;Spring2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p17
Discusses the challenges and advances in human resource management. Topics including the change from an industrial to an information age, from financial to intellectual capital, and from specialization to multitasking; Issues including the philosophy of action, the transformation from staff...
- ...deal with a blame culture. Bloomfield, Richard // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p50
Presents guidelines on how human resources professionals can deal with blame culture in the company. Definition of blame culture; Consequences that blame culture has for the business; Elements of building trust among workers. INSET: WHY A BLAME CULTURE SHOULD BE ELIMINATED.
- Four Tricks for Creating a Winning Corporate Culture. Daly, Jack // American Fastener Journal;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses four tips to have a winning corporate culture. Topics covered include the need for recognizing accomplishments of workers as well as offering free lunch to employees once in a while. Also mentioned is the advantages of setting the first day of work of new employees on a...
- LETTERS. Barbedette, Patrice; Buckley-Golder, Debbie; Third, Louise; Neely, Andy; Starnes, J.; Abel, E. G. // Director;Mar2009, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p23
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issue of "Director" including "Flaws at the Top" in the December 2008 issue, "Seize the Day" in the January 2009 issue and the cover story written by Jonathan Austin in the February 2009 issue.
- Culture Building. Reilly, Tom // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Nov2004, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p10
Gives a couple of advice for building corporate culture. Aspects of sales management that are affected by corporate culture; Ways to manage the sales force; Importance of corporate objectives.
- Max headroom. // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the creation of killer cultures in innovative organizations. It is mentioned that an organization that can renew itself has a killer culture, one that delivers competitive advantage. It is also stated that human resource (HR) professionals do not have a clear understanding...