PM/Park Personnel Jobs Index
- Classified Information. Hall, Lee // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p28
Offers a look at trends in classified-type advertising in the U.S. as of June 2003. Increase in the rate of newspaper classified advertising; Factors relevant to classified advertising; Efforts of cable operators to offer classified advertising.
- Print just fine for many job seekers. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;4/26/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 18, ps16
This article reports on the survey conducted by the William Olsten Center for Workforce Strategies concerning job listings in print classified advertisements in the U.S., as of April 1999. The survey found that 43% of all new hires will be recruited by traditional classified advertising, while...
- HELP WRITING 'HELP WANTED'. Tebo, Margaret Graham // ABA Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p29
Presents information on the advantage of Web-based job search sites such as Monster.com to law firms. Problems encountered by some firms when posting job ads in the newspaper; Customizing tools provided by Monster; Factors that aid in the positive response for job postings.
- JOB-SEARCH RESOURCES. // Japan Career Guide;2003, p3
Presents information on several resources for job applicants in Japan. Online job sites; Job fairs and career events; Newspapers that publish job advertisements; Recruitment firms.
- Execu$earch. // Nursing Economic$;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p94
This article reports that position available advertisements will be accepted for inclusion in the journal "Nursing Economics" for administrative and management level nursing positions. All classifieds must be prepaid and accompanied by a written order. Minimum cost per line is $7.50 and for ten...
- Ray's Raiders Iowa benefits from Prop. 13. // Time;8/7/1978, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p33
The article reports on the classified advertisement for skilled counselors and guards publicized by Iowa's social services commissioner Victor Preisser on various newspapers in California. It states that Preisser desired to employ the counselors and guards who could watch over the jails in Iowa....
- Are You Looking for a New Job? // Education Digest;Feb1959, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p35
The article focuses on job advertisements published in periodicals. An advertisement in a French newspaper states that an employer is looking for a high-school graduate who wants to work in a dynamite factory. The applicant, according to the advertisement, must be willing to travel. A job...
- Making the most of the want ads. Cantore, Jean Ann // Career World;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on the use of the classified advertising section of newspapers for success in job hunting. Tips on using ads to the best advantage; Realization that the larger the advertisement, the larger the applicant pool for the job; General description of blind ads with the offer of only a post...
- Vanishing classifieds? The battle is on. Criner, Kathleen; Wilson, Jane // Editor & Publisher;02/08/97, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p3
Provides overviews by executives on trends in the classified advertising market for 1997. Factors that hinder the growth of classified advertising; Forrester Research senior analyst, Bill Bass' projection on the decline in classified revenues; Increase in competition.