Hodge makes first move on rights `super-commission'
- Influences. // New Statesman & Society;6/17/94, Vol. 7 Issue 307, p13
Presents information on Margaret Hodge, Parliament Member under the Labour Party, had the greatest impact on her life. Favorite books, author, film, play and poem; Admired political figure; Political belief; View on the greatest threat to individual freedom and liberty.
- Transitions. // Advocate;10/31/95, Issue 693, p16
Presents an update on noted gay personalities and gay rights activists. Includes death of Eigil Axgil, one of the founder of the National Homosexual Association; Appointment of former Oregon mayor Barbara Roberts to the board of directors of the Human Rights Campaign; Conviction of...
- You can be an activist, too. Asanti, Ta'Shia // Lesbian News;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p57
Questions to ask yourself before becoming an activists. When the author started her work as an activist; What she was doing when she was age 16; Information on her background.
- Court trial begins for SOA protesters. // National Catholic Reporter;10/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the start of the trial of five School of Americas Watch human rights activists in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Arrest of the activists during the Republican National Convention; Charges faced by the five activists; Initiatives of the U.S. government to a war against terrorism.
- Chiapas human rights center burglarized. // National Catholic Reporter;2/4/94, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the repeated burglaries occurring at the National Center for Social Communications (CENCOS). Start of burglaries when the center began denouncing alleged human rights abuses by government forces fighting rebels in Chiapas, Mexico; Burglars' search for information related to the...
- Why do party activists convert? An analysis of individual-level change on the abortion issue. Layman, Geoffrey C.; Carsey, Thomas M. // Political Research Quarterly;Sep98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p723
Develops a model of the individual-level conversion process while testing its use of panel data on the abortion attitudes of a national sample of continuing party activists. Description of the model; Information on presidential campaign activists and levels of conversion on abortion; Details on...
- The struggle goes global. Boukhari, Sophie // UNESCO Courier;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p31
Focuses on the worldwide proliferation of human rights organizations as of October 1998. Comments from Antoine Bernard, executive director of the International Federation of Human Rights: Information on the first generation of human rights groups; Information on the problems that human rights...
- Shed a Little Light. Taylor, James // Highlights;Jan2001, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p2
Presents a poem about human rights activist Martin Luther King.
- Demonstration against WABC-TV set. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;5/9/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 19, p3
Reports the plan of the community activist to call for a demonstration against the WAC-TV in New York, New York. Effect of the demonstration on the station's credibility; Opinion of the host of the program; Demands of the activist community on the issue.