Alternative dispute resolution: a glossary
- Irvine backs mediation. // Credit Management;Jun2000, p9
Reports on Lord Chancellor Lord Irvine's support to alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Plan to launch an awareness campaign to educate people about ADR; Involvement of ADR providers in the Community Legal Service framework.
- SURVEY Of 92 Key Companies Using ADR to Settle Employment Disputes. McDermott, E. Patrick // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p8
Presents the results of a survey concerning the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods by companies to settle employment disputes. Statistics; Peer review; Binding arbitration; Perceived disadvantages; Impact of civil rights act.
- Standards of Conduct for Mediators. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p78
Features the test of the Standards of Conduct for Mediators established by the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (SPIDR). Self-determination; Impartiality; Conflicts of interests; Competence;...
- More choosing mediation for legal resolution. Leahy, William B. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the growth of mediation as a dispute resolution method, according to a study conducted by the American Bar Association. Mediation as compared to litigation and arbitration; Small businesses' concern about the costs and risks of a trial; Definition of mediation; Expansion of mediation...
- ADR flexibility in employment disputes. Wittenberg, Carol A.; Mackenzie, Susan T. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p155
Discusses the use of alternative dispute resolution in settling employment disputes. Combination of fact-finding investigation with mediation; Combination of fact-finding with facilitation; Combination of mediation with advisory settlement.
- Justice without tears. Turpin, Andrew; Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director;Jun98, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p36
Focuses on the practice of dispute resolution in Great Britain. Mediation fees; Membership of the London, England-based Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR); CEDR's partnership with the Computing Services and Software Association; Increase in mediation cases; Benefits of dispute resolution.
- See you out of court? Pemberton, Susan // People Management;12/24/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p20
Examines the effectiveness of alternative dispute resolution in resolving labor disputes. Comparison from the court litigation process; Background information on the process; Type of claim that can be resolved through mediation.
- 101 Ways to Wage Effective Mediation of Corporate Disputes. Corvino, Beth Byster; Levinson, Irving B. // Corporate Legal Times;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 93, p34
Part II. Presents guidelines on how to select the best mediator for settling corporate disputes. Ability to handpick the trained professional who will conduct the mediation; Getting the services of a former judge when dealing with settlements that involve money; Importance of one's ability to...
- Resolving business disputes through mediation and arbitration. Berman, Peter J. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p74
Discusses various alternative methods for resolution of business disputes. Mediation; Arbitration; Hybrid forms of alternative dispute resolution; Mediation/arbitration; Baseball arbitration; Agreements concerning the amount of damages; Minitrials.