- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p22
Summarizes court decisions on business transfer cases in Great Britain. Credit Suisse First Boston (Europe) Ltd. versus Padiachy; Wilson versus Saint Helens Borough Council.
- Bottom Line Disputes. PODGERS, JAMES // ABA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p62
Presents tips for lawyers on how to deal with commercial cases. Complexity of the commercial law; Estimated number of commercial and tort cases in the United States in 1998.
- DOJ's Use of RICO in Tobacco Suit Is Wrong. Lash III, William H. // Human Events;10/15/99, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p24
Cites several issues concerning the lawsuit filed by the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) against the tobacco industry. Information on the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act; Significance of the RICO Act; Claims of the DOJ against the industry; Ruling on the case...
- European law. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p151
Features the case `Bayerrishe Hypotheken-und Wechselbank AG vs. Edgar Dietzinger' on right of cancellation under contract of guarantee.
- Smokeless feuds. Warren, Martin // People Management;6/25/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p25
Looks at several smoking-related cases in the United States. Dryden versus Greater Glasgow Health Board; Waltons & Morse versus Dorrington; Sparrow versus Saint Andrews Homes Ltd.
- COLLATERAL ESTOPPEL IN THE TAX COURT: HUDSON v. COMMISSIONER. Mazloom III, Albert S. // Tax Lawyer;Spring94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p827
Presents a case involving James Hudson, shareholder of Texas Basic Educational Systems, Inc. on the alleged violation of collateral estoppel in the United States. Principles of collateral estoppel; Issue preclusion rules in tax litigation; Implications of Mr. Hudson.
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p20
Presents a guide to developments in business transfer law in the United Kingdom. Provisions in the Tupe regulations; Details on the case Warner versus Microsystems Centre (Slough) Limited; Decision of the Court of Appeal in Jules Dethier Equipement SA versus Dassy and Sovram sprl.
- Are electrical fittings 'plant'? Foreman, Tony // Accountancy;Jul1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1055, p101
Discusses the case 'Inland Revenue Commissioners v Scottish and Newcastle Breweries Ltd' in Great Britain. Expenditures on electric light fittings, wiring, decor and murals in hotels and public houses.
- The Case of the Chaste Adulteress. Johnston, Doug // Beaver;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the criminal conversation lawsuit against psychiatrist John Breitner for sleeping with Duke University professor George Gopen's wife, Gillian Einstein. Fine imposed against Breitner; Common thing among the three parties to the lawsuit; Discussion on Canadian criminal conversation...