Recruitment and Training
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, October 2002. // Employment & Earnings;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the development of both nonfarm payroll employment and unemployment rate in October 2002. Dismissal of workers in the construction, manufacturing, and help supply industries; Percentage of unemployed persons; Attachment of individuals to the labor force. INSETS: New Seasonal Factors...
- Workers continue to hold a second job. // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p51
Reports the results of a survey on employment in Great Britain. Prevalence of personal services workers to work for second jobs; Dominance of women working in part-time employment to second jobs; Statistics on the people working with second jobs.
- The changing of employment relationships. Baker, Tim // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2003, p19
Focuses on the changing nature of employment relationships. Employees working in project teams; Legal responsibilities of employers.
- Small establishments employ majority of private industry workers. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jan2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the percentage of workers in private industry that were employed at establishments in the U.S. in March 2001 that had fewer than 100 employees. Percentage of workers employed by the smallest establishments; Percentage accounted by the largest establishments.
- News tidbits. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p12
Reports on various developments concerning employees and employment as of July 1995. Sex differences in the number of work-related incidents; Sit-in strike in a state-owned telephone company in South Korea; United States Labor Department's release of final rules that clarify an executive order...
- On appeal. Middleton, Chris // Personnel Today;10/15/2002, p17
Discusses various issues regarding some employment-related disputes. Details of a case related to the dismissal of an employee of the company, BPB for poor performance; Claim of sex discrimination against the firm, Ziawalla & Co.
- International. // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p19
Presents news concerning employees and employment in most parts of the world. Revision of the Family Medical Leave Act by the employers in the United States; Refusal of European Court of Justice to back part-time workers in Germany who claim for higher hourly rate; Coats Viyella's setting up of...
- 'You can't fire me...I QUIT!' Flaster, Lynn // Westchester County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 27, pS31
Advises employees on how to deal with employment transitions. Offering of training to replacements; Techniques on composing the best resume; Importance of knowing every details about retirement.
- Recruiting students for small firms. // Accountancy;Apr1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1064, p12
Discusses the publication, 'Student Recruitment and Selection,' for small firms that do not have personnel departments.
- Job climate. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/26/99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1C
Presents data illustrating personnel projections in Long Island, New York for April, May, June 1999.