- Managing Effectively While Implementing EEO. Geiger, Adrianne H. // Training & Development Journal;May81, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p87
Focuses on personnel management while implementing equal employment opportunity (EEO) in the United States. Role of training in EEO; Diagram showing the EEO implementation process.
- AN EEO OVERVIEW FOR PERSONNEL MANAGERS. Levine, Marvin J. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1979, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p60
Provides an overview the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), established under the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Functions of the EEOC; Provisions of the law of interest to personnel managers; Efforts of the EEOC to improve the economic position of minorities and...
- Affirmative Action Attention in 1980's. // Training & Development Journal;Nov79, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p7
Discusses findings of a survey conducted during the annual meeting of the American Society for Personnel Administration by the Barnhill-Hayes Inc., an affirmative action consulting firm. Percentage of respondents who indicated that blacks and the handicapped should receive the most attention in...
- HELP UNWANTED. Gardyn, Rebecca; Fetto, John // American Demographics;May2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on a survey on the attitude of U.S. citizens toward affirmative action programs. Methodology; Findings of the survey.
- Equal Job Opportunity THE CREDIBILITY GAP. Haynes Jr., Ulric // Management Review;Aug68, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p44
Considers the problems associated with the issue of equal opportunity in employment. Concerns of minority employees in relation to a company's equal opportunity program; Factors that hinder the success of equal employment opportunity programs.
- Meeting the Government's Affirmative Action Program and EEO Policy--a Management System. Smith, Charles H.; Van de Water, John R. // Training & Development Journal;Nov72, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p44
Discusses a planned management system that assimilates large number of minority employees. Government's affirmative action program; Reasons for minority workers' job failure; Basic management administrative procedures.
- Synthetic Validity: a Means of Meeting EEOC Test Validation Requirements? Hess, Lee R. // Training & Development Journal;Feb73, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p48
Presents tips on meeting the equal employment opportunity guidelines in the United States. Establishment of empirical validity for tests used in pre-employment screening; Administration and scoring of tests under controlled and standardized conditions; Development of non-biased non-subjective...
- Teaching Equal Opportunity. // Soldiers;Mar99, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p16
Features the equal opportunity (EO) Adviser Course conducted at the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI) at Patrick Air Force Base, Florida. Remarks from Sergeant First Class (SFC) Fredricka McCray, EO adviser for the 8th Transportation Brigade; Techniques used to develop...
- Sizing Up Affirmative Action. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p105
Reprints two articles about affirmative actions. `Assessing Affirmative Action,' from the September 2000 issue of the `Journal of Economic Literature'; `What Does Affirmative Action Do?,' from the January 2000 issue of `Industrial and Labor Relations Review.'