Work pensions safe under green paper's proposals
- So it's 'only pensions'? Think again! Porter, John // Accountancy;Mar1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1051, p51
Explores key issues affecting pension administration in British companies. Management attitudes toward pension administration; Features of pension administration systems; Management of retirement benefits; Transfer of pension administration to other schemes.
- Cost of teachers' pensions may rise. // Public Finance;12/08/95, p6
Reports the failure of the employers' contributions to keep pace with the rising demands of the teachers' pension scheme in Great Britain.
- Local NY government pension costs lowest ever says McCall. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/14/98-09/21/98, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p13
Provides information on the growth of the State pension fund in New York. Effect of low pension fund cost on taxpayers; Information on the retirement system in the state; Local governments affected by pension fund cost reductions.
- To err is...human resources? LaFauci, Maria J. // Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p152
Discusses the problem of the miscalculation of pension benefits in the United States. Confusion about federal laws on defined benefit plans; National Center for Retirement Benefits' investigation of benefit miscalculations; Brown and Overton principal Rosilyn Overton on benefit calculations.
- Early risers. Jacobs, Richard // Money Marketing;10/11/2001, p66
Providers answer to a question about pension scheme options. Options that must be considered before taking benefits; Investment risks in taking benefits.
- Survey Finds Lack of Awareness Leads Many to Not Offer Retirement Benefits. // Business Journal (Central New York);04/28/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p11
Reports on a United States survey revealing some of the reasons companies do not offer their workers retirement benefits. Lack of awareness of savings-incentive match plan for employees; Lack of knowledge about simplified employee pensions; Employee preference; High work force turnover.
- Corporate pensions in the spotlight. Greenwood, John // Corporate Adviser;Nov2012, p5
The article presents the author's comments on the challenges facing the corporate pensions industry which have been highlighted in the Pensions Institute's Caveat Venditor report.
- PENSION FORMULA SUMMARIZATION: AN EMERGING RESEARCH TECHNIQUE. Strasser, Arnold // Monthly Labor Review;Apr71, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the use of the summarization technique in analyzing the level of pension benefits. Characteristics of retirement formulas of pension plans; Summary of private pension formula; Application and evaluation of the proposed technique.
- Accounting for pensions' health benefits. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p45
Discusses the accounting for pensions' health benefits in Great Britain. Process of accounting for health benefits; Factors affecting health benefits and pensions.
- Protecting pensions. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p60
Focuses on guidelines for protecting pensions in Great Britain. Benefits for retirees; Aspects of the scheme to protect pensions.