Rover package indicates `shape of things to come'
- Rover offers pay deal in return for stability. Overell, Stephen // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p15
Focuses on the three year pay deal agreement of the Rover Group aiming to secure long-term stability in employee relations. Issues concerning the impact of job insecurity leading to the formulation of the agreement; General percentage increase on the payments enclosed in the agreement.
- Rover's return. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/16/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p44
Deals with the status of the Rover Group. Challenges faced; Background information on the company; State of industrial relations.
- Employee Relations. // People Management;10/29/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 21, p13
Presents an update on employee relations. Information on the job cuts at Rover Group; Information on Rover's productivity; Discussion on call center environment.
- Problems at work... // Professional Manager;Jul2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p44
The article offers suggestions on how employees should approach their managing director to discuss their concerns regarding the company's initiative to reduce their number of hours.
- Editor's Letter. Quick, Chris // Accountancy;May2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1329, p1
The article discusses emerging labor-related issues in Great Britain as of May 1, 2004. Complaints from the Federation of Small Businesses that the Midlands theme park's online advert for cheap weekday entry tickets encouraged absenteeism resulted in extensive press coverage, a marketing coup...
- COMMENTARY. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;7/27/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the automobile industry in Great Britain. Information on Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.'s April 2005 breakup with MG Rover Group Ltd.; Problems that were unearthed at MG Rover; Fact that qualities that make for manufacturing excellence in the annual MX Awards are against the...
- case round up. Logan, Sally; Meudell, Polly // Employers Law;Mar2005, p21
Analyzes several court cases concerning employment-related issues filed in Great Britain. Claims of Kaur against MG Rover Group Limited concerning compulsory redundancy; Complaints of the employees of Alpha Catering Services Ltd. against the working time regulations of the company; Sex...
- Latest Happenings In Labor And Industrial Relations. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Feb64, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p15
Reports developments related to industrial relations in the U.S. as of February 1964. Establishment of an Arbitration Board by Congress; Issues about fatigue factors in industrial operations; Proposals for 35-hour work week.
- Wages...Hours. // Labor Law Journal;Jan53, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p34
Reports on several labor disputes on wages and work hours in the U.S. as of January 1953. Details of the cases; Legal precedents; Implications on industrial relations.