- FUEL for the FIGHT. Cournoyer, Tammy // Airman;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the preparations of experts for the operation of the U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker during a war. Design of formal training in maneuvering the tanker; Importance of planning in every mission; Threats faced by KC-135 aircrews.
- Hard Lessons. Osborne, Tony // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/24/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p25
The article discusses the loss of a U.S. Air Force Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker airplane in Kyrgyzstan in 2013, focusing on the impact of the event on training strategies of tanker crews. Topics include a report on the accident released on March 6, 2014 that identified inexperience, subpar...
- When not to give the skipper extra training. Pham, T.N. // Flying Safety;Aug97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the weight of following safety rules 100 percent during air training sessions, as highlighted during a near accidental air combat session between two US Air Force airmen. Training on a high-gravity, sweat-inducing, high-workload flight; Danger of false sense of honor and desire for...
- The advanced instrument flight course or instruments `r' us. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Sep94, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p9
Recounts the history of the US Air Force's Advanced Instrument Flight Course (AIFC) training program in Castle Air Force Base, California. Aim of the program to train the best instrument pilots in the world; Curricula; Areas covered during the training; Contact information.
- Attention to details. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the First Term Airman's Center which aims to facilitate the adjustment of incoming airmen to base duty. Services offered; Orientation activities; In-processing and professional briefings provided; Perks; Benefits.
- USAF operating with new AFMSS. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/3/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p70
Reports on the resumption of training of air crews of computerized mission planning system of the US Air Force in the software program, the Air Force Mission Support System program. Details.
- AROUND THE AIR FORCE. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p4
Photographs of several airmen of the U.S. Air Force doing training in various places are presented including Senior Airman Jonathan Ordonez, Senior Airman Patrick Garner, and Airman 1st Class Hunter Rains.
- In the Belly of the Beast. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p40
Photographs of several basic trainee airmen of the U.S. Air Force at the BEAST, an exercise complex which replicates the sights, sounds and emotions Airmen will experience in the deployed environment, are presented including Corrie Chaffin, Carlynne Easterwood, and Sorpisith Keo.
- Superman School. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p2
Looks at the Pararescue School for United States Airforce airmen and pararescuemen. Responsibilities of a pararescueman; Overview of a pararescue training; How to gain admittance into a pararescue school.