- Lightning Casualties and Damages in the United States from 1959 to 1994. Curran, E. Brian; Holle, Ronald L.; Pez, E. Ló // Journal of Climate;10/1/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p3448
Lightning-caused fatalities, injuries, and damage reports for the United States are listed in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publication Storm Data. Previously published studies of lightning casualties and damages in the United States covered only portions of the period...
- Woman struck by lightning lives. Westrup, Hugh // Current Science;10/7/94, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p10
Discusses experience of writer Gretel Ehrlich after getting struck by lightning. Occurrence of the incident; Description of her encounter in her book `A Match to the Heart'; Details of damages caused to her; Her comments; Process of lightning. INSET: Shocking facts by Warren Faidley..
- Two feel shock from lightning strike. // St. Charles Journal;8/3/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 62, pA4
The article reports that two people felt a shock when lightning struck on July 30, 2011, during the St. Charles County Fair in Wentzville, Missouri.
- Survival. // Backpacker;Jun2013, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p54
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being hit by a lightning, along with his wife and friends, while camping at the Roan Mountain State Park's Little Hump Mountain located between North Carolina and Tennessee.
- Purely providential. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/21/96, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p26
Describes the experience of Canadian Kay Johnannson being struck by lightning on a Friday the 13th. Her fetching well water as a storm was approaching.
- Lightning-related mortality and morbidity in Florida. Duclos, Philippe J.; Sanderson, Lee M. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun90, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p276
Examines the cases of lightning-related deaths and injuries that occurred in Florida in 1978 to 1987. Factors; Quantification of the morbidity and mortality related to lightning strikes; Epidemiological descriptions of the injuries and circumstances.
- 'I've been hit by lightning. I think I'm paralyzed'. Ennis, Robert S. // Medical Economics;03/08/99, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p105
Details the author's account of being hit by lightning. Result of the examination for injuries at the emergency room; Extent of burns in the body; Neurologist's advice on the electrical and thermal injuries in the legs; Victim's appreciation of life, family and friends.
- Lightning strikes. // Crisis Response Journal;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the lightning bolt occurred in Villa Gesell, a holiday resort based in Buenos Aires, Argentina on January 9, 2013 wherein three tourists were killed and 22 were injured.
- Moving car struck by lightning. // Delta Automotive Report;Oct2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on a car in motion which was struck by lightning in Cazenovia, New York on September 6, 2012.