- X-31: Prelude to tailless flight? Bak, David J. // Design News;2/20/95, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p62
Features the X-31 experimental airplane designed at Edwards Air Force Base in California. Ability to maneuver beyond stall limits; Design and construction by Rockwell International and Deutsche Aerospace; Advantages over conventional fighter planes.
- Edwards' test legacy feted. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/25/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 17, p41
Reports on the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Edwards Air Force Base in Mojave Desert, California held October 9-10, 1999. Estimated number of aviation enthusiasts who attended; Activities at the event; Preview of the performance capabilities of the United States Air Force's F-22 Raptor...
- First Joint Strike Fighter Lands at Edwards. Johnson, Ray // Program Manager;Nov-Dec2000, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the landing of the first Joint Strike Fighter at the Edwards Air Force Base in Mojave Desert, California. Features of the Boeing X-32A demonstrator; Arrival of the Lockheed X-35A aircraft as part of the program.
- AIR BASE MOVEMENTS. // Aviation News;Jun2014, p72
A list of the aircraft that visited air bases in Great Britain from January to April 2014 is presented including the Royal Danish Air Force's B-583 C-130J-30 Esk. 721 at Royal Air Force (RAF) Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, England, the Irish Air Corps' 275 AW139 301 at RAF Northolt, and Augusta...
- F-22 raptor soars with first AF pilot. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p12
Reports that the F-22 Raptor jet fighter plane has resumed active flight testing in Edwards Air Force Base in California. Lieutenant Colonel Steve Rainey as the first Air Force pilot to fly the fighter plane; Three areas tested in the flight; Features of the fighter plane.
- Center revamps infrastructure as flight test activities grow. Scott, W.B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/4/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p44
Details some of the new and follow-on test programs currently in the works, or soon to be, at Edwards AFB, California. The Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) is continuing to experience a steady growth in test and support activity, necessitating a revamped infrastructure at Edwards. Center...
- Evaluations of new, existing aircraft fuel record flight testing pace. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/4/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p52
Looks at the increasing workload at the Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) at Edwards AFB, which now exceeds 28,000 flight hours a year. That record figure will be even higher in 1991 due to expanded testing of new and existing aircraft like the B-2 bomber and C-17 transport aircraft.
- Ames-Dryden's high-performance fleet pursues advanced flight concepts. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/17/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 7, p52
Describes the Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards AFB, Calif., part of the Ames Research Center, which provides long-term help for the aerospace industry. Major contributions to the aerospace industry; Aircraft deployed and research testing; Research on laminar flow system, highly...
- High-desert Hideaway. Arana-Barradas, Louis // Airman;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p36
Features Edwards Air Force Base, located on the western edge of the Mojave Desert in California. History of the air base; Changes in housing and base facilities at Edwards; Efforts of the base to provide more school and recreational programs for teenagers; Lives of the United States Air Force...