New Battery for EVs?
- SANDIA LABS' CPLANT SUPERCOMPUTER MADE FROM PC HARDWARE. // Mainframe Computing;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
Provides information on the Computational Plant supercomputer made from personal computer hardware by Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Sandia researchers report progress on... Foley, T.M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/1988, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p79
Report on progress being made by Sandia National Laboratories in demonstrating high-power electron beam propagation techniques that could enable an electron beam weapon to be used for strategic defense discrimination and intercepts. The SDI concept Delphi could be used to destroy reentry...
- Knees with brains. // Poptronics;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Sandia National Laboratories' work with Chelyabinsk 50, a Russian laboratory, to jointly develop technologies for foot and knee prosthetics. Specific roles of each organization in the project; Challenges in design the prosthetics.
- Meanwhile, back on the Internet... Whitward, Lane // Design Engineering;Jun95, p25
Reports on Sandia National Laboratories' information service on product development and manufacturing technologies on the World Wide Web. Absence of network charge; Web address.
- Sandia Labs makes light of old-style bulbs via photonic crystal technique. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;5/15/2002, Issue 2052, p15
No abstract available.
- Sandia National Laboratories believes it will have. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/3/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 18, p53
States Sandia National Laboratory's Intel Paragon XP/S massively parallel supercomputer will be completely installed by the end of July, giving the lab the highest performance supercomputer in the world. Researchers may access the computer through the Defense Supercomputing Research Alliance...
- Sandia installation uncovers fiber issues. Powell Jr., Arlyn S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun96, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p71
Reports that the Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reached the halfway point in a recabling project that is upgrading a cabling infrastructure to handle the high-bandwidth needs of advanced research. Project description; Infrastructure test beds; Work problems.
- Sandia turns 50. Mora, Carl J. // New Mexico Business Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, pTVC-7
Focuses on Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Number of employees; Invention of the rolamite switch used to trigger airbags during car accidents; Role in the invention of clean-air filters; Role in the development of advanced nuclear weapons designs; Efforts to enhance...
- High tech. // New Mexico Business Journal;May94, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the cooperative agreement signed by Sandia National Laboratories and Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. Plans to develop a laser- and sensor-based system for treating patients with severe burns.