Welding Coated Materials
- Old Process, New Material. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Mar2002, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the HY-PAK single sided projection welding process introduced by Newcor Bay City Division in Bay City, Missouri. Collaboration between Newcor Bay City and Alcoa for the development of welding process; Description of the process; Application of the process to aluminum.
- Plasma Welding Yields Unseamly Results. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Aug2002, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p16
Explores Bay City, Michigan-based Newcor Bay City's use of plasma welding on its washer and dryers. Advantages of plasma welding over resistance welding; Precise control of plasma welding; Stainless steel plasma welder.
- New Products. // Automotive Industries;Jun99, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p97
Evaluates several products in the automobile industry. Number cruncher clamp by PHD Incorporated; Trunnion fixtures by Peak Industries; Welding system by Newcor Bay City; Fabric tubing from Raychem Corporation; Foams by E-A-R Specialty Composites; Insert molded blower switch by Tricon...
- Welders keep cheese maker competitive. // American Machinist;Apr2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p166
Features Maxstar 40 that provides power source for welding jobs in Pocatello, Idaho. Capability to create arc for welding tasks; Availability of mobile parts to lessen the time spent to move some machines; Weight of the unit.
- Criteria to Select Plate-Rolling Machines. Heller, Robert E. // Welding Design & Fabrication;May2002, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p30
Provides tips in selecting plate-rolling machines. Discussion with equipment dealers on specific plate-rolling needs; Consideration of the bending parameters; Focus on efficient output.
- Pedestal-Style Spot Welding Machine Save Space. // Welding Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p30
Features the compact INV welding machine from The Taylor-Winfield Corp.
- RWMA Q&A. White Jr., Bob // Welding Journal;May2012, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p60
The article provides an answer to a question of selecting a welding machine to resist welding to military specifications.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Metalworking Digest;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p25
Features several metal-working machinery. XLR-22 from ALMCO Inc.; Benchtop welding systems from Unitek Miyachi Corp.; Chuck Change System from Positrol Inc.
- New ESAB MIG welding machines. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Mar/Apr2009, p67
The article evaluates the Origo Mig 3001i welding machine by ESAB MIG.