Anatomy of a Y2K Disaster
- The Y2K conspiracy. Duris, Rick // Automatic I.D. News;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p51
Comments on the implementation of information systems by companies in response to the year 2000 date conversion problem or Y2K. Reasons of companies for implementing new systems; Modifications of systems after the Y2K problem.
- Making a NICER Transition to the Millennium: Five Keys to Successful Collaboration. Smallen, David; Leach, Karen // Educom Review;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on collaborations that could minimize the global impact of information systems problem in the year 2000. Presence of a common, strongly felt need; Development of a sense of intimacy; Effective communication mechanisms; Equality in power and in sharing of credit and authority; Virtue of...
- When you're late for Y2K. Hayes, Ian // Software Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p52
Discusses why organizations need to understand information system and management for the year 2000 compliance. Steps to exercise external and internal entities of computers systems; Importance of involving executive management in the year 2000 decision process.
- IS managers need to start tackling date headache. Leon, Mark // InfoWorld;04/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p61
Discusses the need for information system managers to start addressing the year-2000 date conversion problem in computing. Legal issues to consider; Areas in the computer industry that will be affected by the date conversion; Need for companies to secure staff to get it done; Importance of...
- The `M*A*S*H' unit approach to year 2000. Grochow, Jerrold M. // PC Week;06/23/97, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p145
Opinion. Discusses so-called triaging of computer systems. Triage as a buzzword entering the information systems (IS) lexicon; The need to triage information systems for the year 2000; Problems in implementing triaging.
- Oy vay, Y2K! Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p46
Focuses on the inoculation of information system and medical equipment against the year 2000 bug. Comments made by John Ruehle, a health care consultant in Oregon; How to diagnose weaknesses for computer crashes; Suggestions made by experts to study the computer problem. INSETS: The making of...
- Technology commission presses for action on Y2K problem. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/22/98, Vol. 27 Issue 52, p10
Reports that Utah's Information Technology Commission stressed the need for swift decisions in funding the answers to the problems caused by the year 2000 date conversion problems of computer systems in the United States. Overview on the date conversion problem; Estimated cost of fixing...
- Manufacturers strive to fix looming YK2 problem. Cardinale, Michael A. // San Diego Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p18
Offers advice on how companies can begin fixing their year 2000 computing (Y2K) problem. Identification of the vulnerabilities of the existing computer system; Consequences of ignoring the problem; Determination of which day-to-day operations are mission critical; Defining and implementing a...
- A major screwup. Heresniak, E. J. // Across the Board;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p53
Focuses on the challenges faced by companies in fixing their systems in order for it to be year 2000 compatible. Advice for companies fixing their own system for the problem; Facts about the year 2000 computer problem.