Nassau County names tobacco team; prepares for a financial turnaround
- Salomon Smith Barney opens Houston Office. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p33
Reports on the opening of the public finance office by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. in Houston, Texas. Commitment of the firm to expanding its presence in public finance in the state of Texas; Responsibility of the Houston office; Salomon as top senior underwriter of municipal bonds nationwide in...
- SSB, UBS Confirmed To Handle W.Va. Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p6
Reports that the Pension Review Board has confirmed that Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. will be the senior lead underwriters for West Virginia's taxable bond sale. Pension panel created by Governor Bob Wise; Review of the proposed sale; Legal issues concerning the bond sale.
- $700M PFC Sale One of Largest Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p1
Reports that Chicago, Illinois is crafting a passenger facility charge-backed transaction that several market participants said could be the largest deal of its kind. Possible sale of the 30-year bonds by April 2001, pending approval by the City Council; Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as...
- Top Senior Managers. // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p6
Ranks the top ten senior underwriters and dealers for worldwide public finance for the first half of 2000. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.
- Financial firm presents $3,000 to Woodstock Craftsmen Guild. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p9
Reports that the Woodstock Guild of Craftsmen has received a donation from Salomon Smith Barney as part of the company's contribution program conducted at branches nationwide. Selection of Woodstock Guild effected through the efforts of branch manager Frank Albanese; Applications for donations...
- Mental Health recipient of grant for Invisible Children's Program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/22/2001-01/29/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports that the Mental Health Association in Orange County, New York has received a grant from Salomon Smith Barney. Use of the grant for the association's Invisible Children's Program which supports parents with psychiatric disabilities.
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Smith Barney widening its reach by putting brokers in bank branches. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney company is placing its brokers in bank branches in the United States, for banks to serve its entree into new geographical markets. Identification of the locations where such has occurred as at March 20, 1998; Details on the fee-sharing agreement Smith Barney...