Greenwich Capital's bill Rainer rumored to be Clinton's choice to lead CFTC
- Clinton urged to name new CFTC chief soon. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p6
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton was urged by Senator Richard Lugar to nominate a chairperson for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Probe into the CFTC's structure and regulatory functions in the Senate; Credentials sought for the seat; Potential candidates for...
- Commodity futures agency taps new enforcement chief. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;05/19/97, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the internal reshuffling of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) enforcement division in Chicago, Illinois. Promotion of Susan A. Berkowitz; Responsibilities of Berkowitz; Information on who Berkowitz replaces; Background on Berkowitz's career.
- Tracking the big foot. Briese, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the `Commitments of Traders,' a report regularly issued by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Aims of report; Implications of report for traders in the United States.
- A week in the life of. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p38
Presents excerpts from `Commitments of Traders,' a report issued by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p18
Presents news items related to futures trading in North and South America. Delay in David D. Spears' nomination as a commissioner in the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Fines imposed by the CFTC against Michael F. Staryk; Anti-fraud violation faced by Oster Communications Inc.
- Futures legislation is unexpected but welcome. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;01/08/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's framework for regulating futures markets in the United States. U.S. Congress' passage of legislation that accomplishes essentially the same thing.
- CFTC derivatives proposal raises ire of wall street. Weisul, Kimberly // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p5
Presents information on a dispute between the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the Securities and Exchange Commission. What impact this may have on dealers; Indication of regulation of the dealers; Information on the two agencies; Details on the CFTCs attempts to regulate the...
- Brave new world? Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p66
Focuses on the Commission Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) proposal for a three-year pilot program exempting certain CME and CBOT products.
- Single-Stock Futures Start Likely Postponed. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;2/18/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p13
Reports the possible postponement of trading for long-banned single-stock futures in the U.S. Reason behind the possible postponement; Details on the conference on single stock futures; Approval of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on single stock futures trading.