Senior derivatives trader Fairclough is out at First Union
- First Union hires two derivatives bankers. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30419, p34
Focuses on First Union Capital Markets Corp.'s recruitment of municipal derivatives bankers to boost its operations in Charlotte, North Carolina. Hiring of Scott Fairclough and Thomas Maher to handle structured municipal products.
- Chase/First Union venture scores big on its first CMBS. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/17/99, Vol. 65 Issue 20, p5
Elaborates on the implications of the first joint venture of commercial banks, First Union Capital Market and Chase Manhattan Bank, on the market for commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS). Partnership's accomplishment of tight spreads for senior tranches of the deal; Reputation for...
- First Union continues its plunge into municipal underwriting waters. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p1
Reports on the expansion of the municipal bond underwriting operations of First Union Capital Market Group. Attempt of the company to become more independent as a subsidiary of First Union Corp.; Diversification of the company's regional market presence; Comments from company officials.
- 1st Union widens commercial realty horizon. // American Banker;8/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 149, p5
Reports on First Union Capital Markets Group's opening of commercial real estate offices in the Southwest and Midwest. Appointment of Michael Spoor and Clay Wright as managers of the Southwest office; Appointment of David De Bauche to manage the Midwest office.
- First Union expands to West Coast. // Orange County Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p31
Provides information on the expansion of First Union's Capital Markets Group into Irvine, California. Who the office will be soliciting loans to; Name of the person responsible for managing the office.
- 1st Union Capital Markets opens West Coast office. // American Banker;8/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 157, p22
Reports that First Union Corp.'s Capital Markets Group has opened a West Coast regional investment banking office based in Los Angeles, California.
- First Union expands into underwriting. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the approval received by First Union Capital Markets Corp. from the Federal Reserve to begin equity underwriting and dealing activities.
- First Union to Buy Everen, become sixth-largest broker. Shields, Yvette; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p28
Reports that First Union Capital Market Group Corp.'s purchase of Everen Capital Corp. makes First Union Corp.'s securities arm the sixth-largest retail brokerage in the United States. Comparison between the two companies' ranking, market share, number and amount of issues; Effects of the...
- CRA loans are the newest MBS collateral. Kollar, Mark // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/97, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p5
Reports that First Union Capital Market launched its first securitization using the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) mortgages as its sole collateral with assistance from Bear Stearns Co. Appeal of securities to investors; Target borrowers of CRA loans.