Market snapshot: Monday, April 12
- Munis show little follow-through despite bullish inflation indicator. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p2
Reports on the performance of United States stock market in April 9, 1999. Impact of economic indicators; Flat session for municipal securities; High-grade issues; Dow Jones industrial average; Slightly lower stocks.
- Market snapshot. // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p2
Reports stock market developments in the United States as of February 2000. List of stock market indicators; Statistics on actual stock gains and losses; Representation of forecasts using the median of estimates by economists polled by Thomson Global Markets.
- Solid Gains For Stocks Amid Slack Economic Data; Paycom Up Nicely. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;9/15/2015, p00
The article offers information related to gains in the stock market in the U.S., highlighting performances from Paycom, Cal-Maine Foods, and Palo Alto Networks.
- By the Numbers. // Money;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p129
Offers statistics related to the United States economy as of May 2001. Stock exchanges; Best and worst-performing sectors; Stock fund averages; Bond fund averages; Widely held stocks; Best performing stocks; Highest-yielding Dow stocks.
- A Little Bounce. // Time;7/18/1960, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p72
The article reports on the situation of the U.S. stock market, which is reportedly waiting for the traditional summer rise in July 1960. It states that the market has bounced upward 4.52 points on the Dow-Jones industrial average after two trading sessions, which is considered as the biggest...
- By the Numbers. // Money;Dec2001, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p199
Offers United States economic statistics as of December, 2001. Market measures; Stock funds; Bond funds; Best-performing stocks; Savings; Credit.
- Main Street's Sharp Turn Off Wall Street. Sloan, Allan // Newsweek;1/14/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the role of the United States stock market as an economic indicator. Rise in major stock indexes since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Question of whether the rise in stocks signals recovery from the recesssion; Statement that while stocks are a leading economic indicator,...
- Sour stock market won't dampen boom. Evans, Mike // Industry Week/IW;03/06/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the trend in stock exchanges in the United States (US) as of March 6, 2000. Effects on the downtrend of US stock exchanges to economic activity; Economic indicators in the US; Change in ratio of investment to gross domestic product in the US.
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy. Guziec, Philip // Morningstar StockInvestor;Jan2011, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p26
The article reports on the uncertainty of the U.S. stock market's future. It discusses the implied volatility of an option that helps in estimating the accuracy of the future of the American stock market.. It also mentions the option market's expectation for the correlation of stock price...