Moody's, S&P comment on Y2K and issuers
- Moody's Profiles Likely Victims of Y2K Bug. // American Banker;11/2/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 211, p4
Reports Moody's Investors Services' issuance of a report raising concerns about the ability of some small banks to deal with disruptions arising from the Year 2000 computer bug (Y2K). Risks of banks with international exposure lacking strong technology culture; Need for banks' credit ratings to...
- Carriers `play chicken' with Y2K: Moody's. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/20/98, Vol. 102 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s outlook on the handling of year 2000 risks by directors & officers liability insurers in the United States. Analysis of the ability of insurance companies to eliminate exposure; Potential losses of the insurers; Comments on the level of exposure of...
- Moody's warns housing agencies to address Y2K issue or risk downgrade. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p5
Reports on the threat of downgrading by Moody's Investor Service of rating for housing agencies that ignore the year 2000 computer problem, according to senior credit officer Wendy Berry. Berry's comments at a conference of the National Council of State Housing Agencies; Actions taken by...
- Buffalo Gets A Double Downgrade. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p1
Both Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on June 19, 2003 downgraded Buffalo, New York, leaving the western New York city's $465 million in outstanding bonds just one step above junk bond status. George E. Pataki would compromise on legislation creating a fiscal control...
- Massachusetts' Amherst College on Rating High Going Into Next Week's $50M Deal. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p3
For Amherst, Massachusetts-based Amherst College, an affirmation in the week ending June 20, 2003 of its Aaa rating from Moody's Investors Service Inc. and an upgrade to AAA from Standard & Poor's Corp. came as a pleasant surprise amid other downgrades in Massachusetts' education sector. This...
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- Yield Is the Big Question in American Airlines Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p7
Reports the impact of airport deal in California. Expecation of B1 rating from Moody's Investors Service and BB-minus from Standard & Poor's; Amount expected for the lease revenue; Competition with California general obligation refunding.
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting the one-year note index of bonds in the U.S. Calculation of note index; Rates given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. on bond issuers.
- Moody's, S&P issue a pair of downgrades. // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on the lowering of health care revenue bonds of two investments company. Web site of Moody's Investors Service; Rating of health care revenue bonds of Standard & Poor's.