More debt coming ashore
- Do you have a reservation? Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/27/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p30
The article deals with issues concerning the implementation of trucker appointment systems at U.S. freight terminals. It explores the advantages of the trucker appointment systems to truckers, terminal operators and harbor trucking companies. The reasons for the slow adoption of the system among...
- HOW THE WEST HAS WON. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/7/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p45
The article focuses on U.S. West Coast ports which are preparing for the arrival of bigger ships operated by big carrier alliances. Topics covered include the concentration of vessel calls at fewer ports, the expansion and consolidation activities of ports such as Oakland, Seattle and Tacoma,...
- New Orleans cruise industry expansion sends message to San Juan. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/19/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p48
Reports on the expansion of the Julia Street Cruiseship Terminal in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors contributing to the growth of the cruiseship industry in the United States; Implications for San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- New Orleans cruise industry expansion sends message to San Juan. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/19/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p55
Informs on the expansion of the Julia Street Cruiseship Terminal in New Orleans, Louisiana. Factors fuelling the growth of the cruiseship industry in the United States; Implications of the expansion on San Juan, Puerto Rico; New features at New Orleans terminal.
- WATERWAY THERAPY. // PM Network;Mar2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p20
Statistics as of 2013 are presented about cargo, shipping, and ports in the U.S.
- 300 years and counting. Armbruster, William // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/21/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the 300th anniversary of the Port of Baltimore in Maryland. The port marks its 300th anniversary with new container services and automobile-processing deals. Several carriers have recently launched new container services at the port, and automobile processing centers have...
- America eyes integrated maritime restructuring. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Oct99, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on a report delivered to the United States (US) Congress in September 1999 about the US marine transportation system. Suggestion of reform for the development of component sectors of marine transportation; Forecast on domestic and international marine trade by year 2020;...
- There's a project in every port. Rubin, Debra K.; Daniels, Stephen H. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/10/97, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p22
Discusses the boom in port development projects in the United States. Surge in size and competitiveness in the shipping industry; Potential for global ports and their environs; Total capital improvements by public ports in the US; Cleanup initiatives launched in several ports.
- Tales from the dockside. Selwitz, Robert // Export Today;Feb99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on transport services and advice that ports in the United States can offer to shippers. Value of direct shipper contacts for ports; Capability of ports to link shippers with a wide mix of international trade data; Kinds of advice given by ports; Examples of shipper-oriented efforts of...