Sky brings tailored Web TV to viewers
- FROM TRAVOLUTION.CO.UK. // Travel Weekly (UK);1/14/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2050, p71
The article reports on the author's prediction that in 2011, television will become a networked, internet-enabled device which travel companies will be able to use for selling their products.
- ITV. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p18
Editorial. Focuses on the interactive television (iTV) in Puerto Rico. Opportunity of cable companies on iTV to improve services; Competition of Internet access market through iTV; Provision of Internet-based services in the local access market.
- THE HILL LAUNCHES HILLTUBE. // Hill;7/31/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 93, p34
The article reports on the newly launch HillTube of the journal "The Hill." HillTube is the journal's new Web television brand launched in July 2007 with a party at the KStreet Lounge in Washington, DC. The report mentions that member of Congress, honorees on the newspaper's 2007 top lobbyists...
- Criminal Capers. Tamaki, Mariko // Xtra (Toronto);12/4/2008, Issue 629, p29
The article reviews the Web television (TV) series "BJ Fletcher: Private Eye," directed by Regan Latimer and starring Lindy Zucker and Dana Puddicombe.
- How integration might look. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;05/15/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p55
Reports on the changing definition of convergence and how cable operators will integrate interactive content and Internet Protocol (IP) content into their offerings, as discussed at the National Cable Television Association's technical session held May 8, 2000. Convergence of IP and video;...
- Playing by the rules. Carter, Ben // New Media Age;6/12/2003, p33
Focuses on the launch of an interactive television (iTV) game by SkyBet. Information on Sky Bet Millions, an iTV game; Company behind the boom in iTV gaming; Information on some gaming operators in the iTV gaming fray. INSET: WHO'S DOING WHAT?.
- Ways of seeing further. Stanistreeet, Paul // Adults Learning;Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on Tenantspin, an Internet television station run by and for the tenants of Liverpool's tower blocks in England. From its small beginnings, the station has broadcast well in excess of 300 shows and began broadcasting from a new studio facility in Sefton Park Community Centre....
- Opportunities Are Global for Test & Measurement. Cavazos, Jessy // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the market opportunities for test and measurement industry in the United States. The Internet protocol television market represents a big opportunity for services providers and the test vendors catering to them. IPTV opportunity is worldwide. In North America, major...
- Free thinking. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2007, p25
The article discusses the two revenue models that are opening up in Europe as mobile service operators strive to make money from Internet Protocol television. It states that some operators in France and Sweden are offering free TV services as part of their broadband bundle, while operators in...