A Catalog Comes to Life
- The Race Is On. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the competition between specialty store Super Jock 'n Jill and retail chain Road Runner Sports in the running gear industry in Seattle, Washington. Remarks from Jock 'n Jill store owner Chet James on why the store chose not to become a retail chain; Reasons behind the decision of...
- Road Runner Sports races toward retail. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Oct2006, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p7
The article deals with the retail expansion plans of San Diego, California-based running equipment and apparel cataloger Road Runner Sports Inc. The company plans to open six new stores in 2006 and 15 in 2007. According to retail general manager Bob Bell, their expansion is a way of taking their...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- Sole support. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec93, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on Road Runner Sports' Shoe Analysis Clinic which examines wear patterns on old shoes. Process description; Contact information.
- Sporting racks store racking up points with winning specialty sports focus. Monahan, Stefanie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/04/98, Issue 322298, p3
Profiles sporting racks retailer Rack N' Roll Sport Racks in Fresno, California. How store owner Bob Raus came up with the idea of selling sport racks; Utility of racks for holding bicycles, skis, canoes, kayaks, windsurf boards, surfboards and snow boards; Success of Raus in building a...
- NikeTown Turns on Spotlight. // Chain Store Age;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p132
Provides information on Honolulu, Hawaii-based NikeTown's lighting design. Description on the store; Features of the lighting in the circulation areas; Overview on specialty lighting.