ASG Buys AND I
- ASG Acquires And 1. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;5/23/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the acquisition of basketball apparel and footwear company And 1 by American Sporting Goods Inc. (ASG) in 2005. Contribution of the acquisition to the company; Background on ASG; Comments of ASG president and CEO Kevin Wulff on the acquisition.
- Can ASG Score With And 1? Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;5/23/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 21, p2
Reports on the acquisition of And 1 by American Sporting Goods (ASG). Benefit of the acquisition to ASG, according to company's President and CEO Kevin Wulff; Manner in which And 1 was acquired by ASG; Optimism of retailers on the development of the And 1 brand under the management of ASG.
- VolP+AND1=slam dunk. Leggat, Samantha // Communications News;Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p34
This article focuses on the implementation of a ShoreTel voice over Internet Protocol (IP) system by AND 1, a basketball footwear and apparel company acquired by American Sporting Goods through its technology partner Interchange Technologies (ITI). ITI provided AND 1 with more than 170 ShoreTel...
- And 1 Attracts M&A Interest of adidas? Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the interest of Germany-based sporting goods giant adidas-Salomon AG to acquire And 1, a privately held company based in Paoli, Pennsylvania. Priorities of adidas for spending the cash on its balance sheet; Corporate background of And 1; Growth in And 1's revenue in 1993.
- INSIDER. Russak, Brian; Baran, Michelle // FN: Footwear News;6/20/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p4
Presents news briefs on the footwear industry as of June 20, 2005. Information on the purchase of And 1 by American Sporting Goods; Workout held by Everlast employees with boxing trainer Teddy Atlas; Visit of guitar legend Carlos Santana to Macy's in New York City.
- ASG Ready for Buyers. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;4/17/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p2
This article reports on the return of American Sporting Goods to the U.S. footwear market. American Sporting CEO Kevin Wulff confirmed that the company has begun informal discussions with investment bankers. Wulff said that the successful and speedy integration of the And 1 brand, which the...
- ASG Taps Former Nike Exec. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;5/2/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the selection of Kevin Wulff as president and CEO of American Sporting Goods to help prepare for the sale of the company in 2005. Information on outgoing president Jerry Turner; Plans of Wulff for the company; Career of Wulff in Nike.
- ASG Forms Joint Partnership With Triple 5 Soul. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;1/23/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p2
This article reports on a joint venture formed by American Sporting Goods and urban apparel firm Triple 5 Soul as of January 23, 2005, to create Triple 5 Footwear. The significance of the joint venture to American Sporting Goods was noted by CEO Kevin Wulff. Some photographs of the new Triple 5...
- ASG Officially Up for Sale. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;8/14/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 32, p4
The article announces the sale of American Sporting Goods (ASG) as of August 14, 2006. CEO Kevin Wulff confirmed that the company had signed with investment bank Wachovia Securities and was actively searching for a buyer. He speculated that its new owner would likely come from outside the...