BILL GARRELS JOINS SGB AS WESTERN SALES MANAGER
- What's your SKIll level? // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p48
Presents the `SKI' magazine's SKIll Level program. Description of skiing skill levels; Recommended skiing gear.
- A Sharper, Livelier SKI. Bigford, Andy // Ski;Sep2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p37
Highlights the changes made to the 'SKI' magazine on skiing as of August 2002.
- The Last Upgrade. Ditrinco, Greg // Ski;Nov2009, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p12
An introduction to the periodical is presented where editor discusses several articles including "The Last Plateau," fitness workouts by fitness experts Kelle Katagi and Chris Fellows and an article on the controversial debate related to Colorado resort expansion.
- Ski test. Grout, Bill; Deines, Jim // Skiing;Sep93, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p136
Pictures the 24-members of `Skiing' magazine's top-notch ski test team who tested slalom, giant slalom, all-terrain, mogul and powder skis for the magazine's 25th annual buyer's guide. Brief background on testers Michele Fuller, Steve Huyler, Bill McGrath, others.
- New ski mag. Lerman, Josh // Skiing;Oct94, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p30
Reviews the periodical `Back Country.'
- Ski cards: The final word. Ginsberg, Daniel J.; Carlson, Lee // Skiing;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p87
Features a letter from a reader of `Skiing' periodical citing complaints about the World Ski Association (WSA). Irregularities at WSA of not sending membership cards.
- What cost, skiing? Paumgarten, Nick; Finnell, Janice // Skiing;Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p31
Presents results of a survey on the average amount spent by readers of the magazine `Skiing' on ski trips per season. Survey of 1,000 readers based on an average number of 15 ski days; Average amount costing $2,636 with added cost of $600 for ski gear.
- Fave rave. // Skiing;Sep96, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p124
Presents `Skiing' magazine selection of the best facilities, beginner's trail, food etc, for skiers. Includes the best microbrewed lager in the West; Best late-night pizza; Best apres-ski bar; Best bathrooms; Best place for a `Baywatch' party.
- askjosh. Lerman, Josh // Skiing;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p96
Answers several questions related to skiing. Aftermarket for selling collections of the `Skiing' magazine; Details on the road to Mount Washington, New Hampshire; Tips for determining the correct ski length.