A force to be recognised
- Trade Secrets. Ackerman, Karen // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p54
The article explains why many union members in the U.S. vote during elections. The majority of Ohio members of AFL-CIO unions voted in the 2004 presidential election, according to a match against the secretary of state voter file. Union members know that if they vote, they will be heard, and...
- CLUW Honors Female Leaders. // International Musician;Apr2010, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that the Coalition of Labor Union Women (CLUW) honors 11 women leaders including AFL-CIO secretary-treasurer Liz Shuler and executive vice president Arlene Holt Baker at the first annual Working Women's Awards at the AFL-CIO in Washington, D.C. on March 18, 2010.
- Free flue shots January 9 for union families. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;1/6/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the availability of free flu shots for the families of AFL-CIO in the U.S.
- AFL-CIO Organizing Institute to begin tomorrow in St. Louis. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/23/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 47, p3
The article offers information on the AFL-CIO Organizing Institute's union member organizer training session to be held at the Holiday Inn Airport in Saint Louis, Missouri from June 24-26, 2011.
- Union Chicanery. Ashby, Barry // Industrial Heating;May2008, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on the growing public-sector union members in the U.S. It is stated that public-sector union members comprise 36.5% of the workforce in the U.S. It is informed that unions plan to spend as about $1 billion in 2008 to elect the supporting laws assuring increased unionism. It...
- Labor Lost. McMenamin, Michael // Reason;Nov2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p46
Deals with the diminishing membership and influence of organized labor in the United States. Percentage of the private sector work force who are labor union members; Features of organized labor in the 1900s; Impact of the post-industrial economy on organized labor; Criticisms on the American...
- Unions gear up for dot-com members. Mahony, Chris // People Management;8/3/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p9
Reports that the Trade Union Congress has urged unions to increase their efforts to recruit members in Internet-based companies. Challenges posed by the new economy to trade-unions; What information technology employees look for in a union.
- Union movement stems its membership haemorrhage. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;5/20/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the trade union membership campaign of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) in Great Britain. Target of the campaign; Disparity between male and female membership; Membership among different professions; Skepticism and criticism on the efforts of the government and union to increase...
- Word perfect ? Brown, Gordon // Professional Engineering;7/28/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p22
This article reports on the Trade Union Congress, a conference of manufacturers, held in the year 2004 in Great Britain. Five ministers with responsibility for a range of manufacturing-related affairs took the stage, joining top, ranking unionists and industry figures, from the event, titled...