- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;12/24/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 25, p19
Summarizes court decisions on several employment cases in Great Britain. Boyle versus Equal Opportunities Commission; Foster versus Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service; Hill versus General Accident Fire and Life Assurance Corp.
- Labor Secretary Ordered to Certify Second Election Results. // Labor Law Journal;Aug69, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p562
This article reports on decisions made by federal district court in Ohio ordering the secretary of the Department of Labor in the U.S. to certify second election results in the case Wirtz versus Electrical Workers. The Secretary of Labor's refusal to validate the results of a second union...
- Notes and Recent Decisions. Bordon, Martin; Gregory, Noble K.; Daily Jr., Allan F. // California Law Review;Mar1946, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p245
Presents an update on court decisions in the U.S. as of March 1946. Right of supervisory employees to bargain collectively under provisions of the National Labor Relations Act; Effect of reletting by the landlord; Decisions dealing with state income tax status of a war contractor in regard to...
- Union Contract Doesn't Survive Relocation of Plant. // Labor Law Journal;May68, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p317
This article focuses on a ruling issued by the U.S. Court of Appeals on the case of the National Labor Relations Board versus Die Supply Corp. over a union contract. When an employer relocated a plant that was covered by a union contract, the contract did not carry over and remain in effect at...
- GIBSON V. WORKERS' COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD (ARMCO STAINLESS & ALLOY PRODUCTS): THE DISPARITY BETWEEN EXPERT AND LAY TESTIMONY. Hay, Jessica // Widener Law Journal;2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p505
Examines the case Gibson v. Workers' Compensation Appeal Board. Cause of death of decedent linked to asbestos; Factual and legal background of the case; Decision of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court influenced by competent evidence presented.
- JEANES HOSPITAL V. WORKERS' COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD (HASS): DEFINING THE PROCEDURE TO ADD AN ADDITIONAL INJURY TO A NOTICE OF COMPENSATION PAYABLE. Meng, Katherine A. // Widener Law Journal;2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p547
Defines the procedure in filing a Petition to Review Notice of Compensation Payable (NCP) in the case Jeanes Hospital v. Workers' Compensation Appeal Board. History and origin of section 413(a) provision of the Workers' Compensation Act; Amendment of NCP including additional injuries in...
- WATCH THIS SPACE. // Employers Law;May2003, p12
Presents news briefs related to employment law in Great Britain as of May 2003. Court opinion on the case Kiel versus Jaeger on on-call hours for doctors; Decision on case on part-time employees.
- WILDCAT OIL DRILLER'S EMPLOYEES NOT UNDER FLSA. // Labor Law Journal;Jan58, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on the "wildcat" oil driller which sank at a place where there was no reasonable prospect of striking oil. The employees were not paid the statutory minimum wage and overtime wage, even the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was held to be inapplicable. The court of appeals for...
- Bargaining Impasse Can Bring on Quick Changes. // Labor Law Journal;May68, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p316
This article focuses on a ruling issued by the U.S. Court of Appeals at Washington, D.C. which held that an employer did not breach any bargaining duty when, on the afternoon that a bargaining impasse was reached, he announced that changes encompassed in his bargaining proposals would be...