Millennium Dome strays off course
- Millennium Dome risks identity crisis. Newland, Francesca // Marketing Week (01419285);01/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p23
Comments on the employing of 15 design agencies by the New Millennium Experience Company (NMEC) to devise a separate logo for its Dome. Speculation that NMEC is seeking an outside design agency; Details on the value of identity development work; Information on the estimated budget of the design...
- Millennium team seeks marketers. Benady, David // Marketing Week;1/15/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p8
Looks at the launching of a major recruitment drive by the New Millennium Experience Company (NMEC). Circumstances surrounding the departure of NMEC's creative director Stephen Bayley; Comments from NMEC chief executive, Jennie Page; Positions included in the marketing posts.
- Let's celebrate. Rule, Fiona // Cabinet Maker;12/18/98, Issue 5119, p24
Focuses on the construction of the Millennium Dome theme park in England which was organized by New Millennium Experience Co. Existence of the opportunities for the furniture industry to be involved in the dome; Components of the project.
- Row brews over Millennium task. Yates, Karen // Campaign;07/25/97, Issue 30, p5
Reports on a controversy involving the New Millennium Experience Co.'s selection process for an advertising agency to handle its Millennium Exhibition show in Great Britain. Advertising agencies' complaints against inadequate information about the selection process and the show; Agencies...
- Review. // Campaign;08/29/97, Issue 35, p5
Discloses that the British government has asked BSkyB chief executive Sam Chisholm to take a senior post at the New Millennium Experience Co.
- Auditors fail the Dome. // Building Design;4/19/2002, Issue 1529, p2
Reports on the failure of the New Millennium Experience to achieve value for money for the goods and services it procured, based on the National Audit Office report in Great Britain. Problems with contracts and subcontracts; Discussion on auditing issues.
- Barco's brighter Millennium. // TVB Europe;Feb2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the selection of Barco as supplier for projection and format display technology to the New Millennium Experience Company's (NMEC) Dome. Terms of the contract; Features of the Dome Opening Ceremony; Number of people watching it.
- Just what the doctor ordered. Simms, Jane // Director (00123242);Feb2001, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p54
Features David James, chairman of New Millennium Experience Co. and points out his role as an accounting officer of the company; Description on how he establish rapport with employees; His career background; His significant contribution to the Dome.
- Dome $90m short of sponsorship funding. Benady, David // Marketing Week;2/26/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p9
Reports that $90 million is needed in sponsorship funds by the New Millennium Experience Company, for the Millennium Dome at Greenwich and the national Millennium Festival. Unveiling of $58.8 million at a launch for the Dome, which was hosted by Prime Minister, Tony Blair; Number of founding...