- Short Takes. // Corporate University Review;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on news briefs from around the world on training. Information on the launching of the Governors Open University System by Western Governors University and The Open University in Great Britain; Findings of a survey by Development Dimensions International on the plans of companies to...
- Educational Multimedia--Corporation solution for Open University staff training. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p30
Informs that the e-learning solutions of Educational Multimedia Corp. have been selected to form an integral part of the Milton Keynes, England-based Open University's staff information technology training strategy. Staff training in Microsoft applications.
- Bobb's now suggests: 'Bang your own drum'. // Printing World;1/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the research conducted by the Open University and Lloyds TSB Group PLC which found that small business see the strength of national companies as their biggest concern in Great Britain. These firms are being encouraged to focus in customer service to avoid being driven out...
- Distance learning grows worldwide. // Adults Learning;Jan96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p103
Reports on the growth of Open University's International Centre for Distance Learning. World Wide Web address.
- OU seeks ethnic take. // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p16
Cites the efforts of the Open University in England to encourage ethnic minority business individuals into management education.
- Poverty, crime and sex at the OU. // History Today;Sep94, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the programs of academic research and projects at the Open University (OU) in Great Britain. Reputation for pioneering multi-media teaching methods and courses for adult students returning to education.
- OU steps toward virtual teaching. // Professional Engineering;02/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the near completion of Milton Keynes, England-based Open University's collaboration deal that involves multimedia and knowledge systems.
- Up, up, up goes the cost of a little learning.... // Accountancy;Mar1974, Vol. 85 Issue 967, p5
Focuses on the expenses of the Open University in Milton Keynes, England. Annual grant allocated for the university; Criticisms on academic accounting systems; Inaccuracy of the figures.
- Changing the subject...again? Edwards, Richard // Adults Learning;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the changes in the Learning Through Life: Education and Training Beyond School, an undergraduate course launched by the Open University in Great Britain in 1993. Benefits of the course; Impact of the course to the university's provision; Outlook on the course.