Heads of State
- Great Escapes. // History Today;Oct2004, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p3
Reviews the art exhibition "Great Escapes," at the Imperial War Museum in London, England, from October 16, 2004 to July 31, 2005.
- How About a Little Art With Your History? // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p88
The article reviews the art exhibition "The Art of History" at the Greenville County Museum of Art in South Carolina.
- Gallery Night roundup. Hamilton, Justin // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);4/18/2011, p11
The article reviews several art exhibitions in Milwaukee, Wisconsin including the 45th Anniversary Exhibition to be held at the David Barnett Gallery, Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design's (MIAD) annual senior thesis exhibition and the exhibition at the Hanson Dodge Creative Gallery.
- Documenting the Arts in Turkey: The Turkish Plastic Arts Archive at the Bilkent University Library. Korkut, Şelale // Art Documentation: Bulletin of the Art Libraries Society of Nort;Fall2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p58
Turkey's geographical location represents a synthesis of East and West as it lies both in Asia and Europe. The rich history of Turkey has resulted from one of the most diverse cross sections of several civilizations; this history is reflected in the arts of the country. Turkey and especially...
- The Luminous Continent. Vine, Richard // Art in America;Oct2004, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p68
Presents a historical background on arts in Mali. Foundation of the Rencontres de la Photographie Africaine festival by French and Malian emissaries; Budget allocated to the event; Art works exhibited at the historical museums.
- Ancient African art showcased at Catholic museum. Morehouse, Lateefa // New York Amsterdam News;9/21/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 39, p21
The article informs that the National Museum of Catholic Art and History is hosting two African exhibitions in New York City until September 30, 2006. These exhibitions will demonstrate The Congo and Niger--"The Kuba Chalice: African Wood Carving from The Congo" and "Bura Heads: Terra Cotta...
- HISTORY AND SCIENCE MUSEUMS. Rosenberg, Karen // New York;9/26/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p86
Presents several exhibitions on history and scientific discoveries held in various art museums in New York City in September 2005. "Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries," an exhibition which highlights the latest theories and discoveries in dinosaur biology held at the American Museum of...
- History and the West not lost in costumes. Price, Mike // Fort Worth Business Press;8/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p23
Presents information on art exhibitions in Texas as of August 8, 2003. "Creating Hollywood's West: Historic Costumes and Reproductions from Cathy A. Smith" at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame; Exhibit on Egyptian history and culture at the Kimbell Art Museum.
- 1968-2008: Curated exhibitions and Australian art history. De Lorenzo, Catherine; Mendelssohn, Joanna; Speck, Catherine // Journal of Art Historiography;Jun2011, Issue 4, p1
The article explores the curated art exhibitions in Australia. It emphasizes that such curated exhibitions are intended to build earlier histories of Australian art as they mirror changes in society. It stresses that the most significant aspect which helps the flourishing of curated exhibitions...