- Nonfiction in Transition. Ford, John // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p24
Comments on the challenges being faced by television networks in nonfiction programming. Styles in approaching nonfiction programming; Efforts of television networks to deliver nonfiction shows; Quality of nonfiction programming.
- Docusoaps cruise to Euro gold. Swart, Sharon // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM4
Reports on the international distribution of the documentary-soap genre of television programs. Popularity of the genre; International markets which took risk on the genre; Selling of the genre at the Mip TV's exhibit.
- The future face of television news. Schroth, Raymond A. // National Catholic Reporter;12/21/2007, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p17
The author reflects on the prospective outlook of television news and programming of Microsoft/National Broadcasting Co. (MSNBC) in the U.S. He comments on the myriad presentations of news that mostly depicts terrorism, oppression, injustices and socio-political issues. He also cited the...
- Globo gets global in new genres. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM40
Reports that Brazilian media giant Globo has expanded its genres in television broadcasting in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Business plans of the company; Capacity of Globo to compete in telenovela exportation; Contents of the documentary portfolio and program format created.
- TV GENRES BROADCASTED BY ROMANIAN TELEVISIONS IN 2011 AND 2012. ADAM, LAVINIA // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Ephemerides;Jun2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p5
Television is a media permanently existing in human life. Its role is to accomplish the functions of the communication, which are, according to Lasswell, surveillance of the environment, correlation of components of society and cultural transmission between generations. The economic logic has...
- As emissoras legislativas e os gÃªneros de programaÃ§Ã£o no Brasil. Lima, Maria Érica Oliveira // MATRIZes;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p203
Studying the genres of TV programming and TV Board Senate, both maintained by the Federal Legislature, from a more comprehensive analysis on the cultural genres of television programming in Latin America. Empirical data, relating to the timing of two stations, are discussed in light of the...
- Pro Wrestling Gets a Grip on Music with Compilations, Tie-Ins. Christman, Ed // Billboard;11/14/98, Vol. 110 Issue 46, p1
Examines marketing efforts combining United States professional wrestling and related recordings. Sales of wrestling accessories; Release of `Steve Austin's Stone Cold Metal,' World Wrestling Federation and Extreme Championship Wrestling products; `ECW: Extreme Music,' album; Others.
- MTV Shows Spotlight Music, Musicians. Hay, Carla // Billboard;11/28/98, Vol. 110 Issue 48, p1
States that Music Television (MTV) will offer a series of music-oriented programs in 1999. Comments of MTV president Judy McGrath; Details on the new shows in development; `Web Riot,' an interactive game show; `Dance Planet' and `Head Trip'; Proposed new programming elements for videos. INSET:...
- Global programming price guide. // Variety;10/4/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 7, pB6
Presents tabular representations of the average prices paid by terrestrial television stations in key territories for selected genres of U.S. programming, as of October 2004. Way in which drama prices were calculated; Change in sums paid for feature films; Forecast on the price per episode for...