- Eye brews blurb storm. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;11/11/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 30, p3
The article reports about conflict between CBS Broadcasting Inc. and the Weather Channel Inc. Eye wanted to buy advertising time on the storm-centric cabler and its Web site in order to hype CBS' upcoming television program "Category 6: Day of Destruction," which details what happens when a slew...
- CBS opens eye to the Internet. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/8/95, Vol. 335 Issue 47, p9
Reports that CBS has launched an Internet service called CBS Eye on the Net. Features; Product support; Comments from George Schweitzer, executive vice president of marketing and communications for CBS.
- George Schweitzer: Keeping the eyes on CBS. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/94, Vol. 124 Issue 23, p28
Features George Schweitzer, executive vice president, marketing and communications of CBS/Broadcast Group. Outlook in the broadcasting industry; Grant of Marketing and Promotion Team of the Year Award; Conceptualization of the Letterman campaign, a program specific campaign adjudged as...
- George Schweitzer. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;9/18/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 37, p21
Profiles the Executive Vice President-marketing and communications of CBS, George Schweitzer and his work history.
- Getting the Word Out. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;9/12/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the marketing strategies of television networks to attract new viewers in the U.S. in 2005. Sponsorship of two entertainment events by CBS; Views of George Schweitzer, CBS executive vice president for marketing and communications, on hosting a major event; Promotion of the television...
- Switching channels. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p7
Reports that CBS Inc. vice president for communications George Schweitzer will start reporting directly to CBS Broadcast Group president Peter Lund.
- Summaries and Trends. // Brand Strategy;Mar2006, Issue 200, p4
The article presents summaries of trends in brand marketing in Great Britain. In brand repositioning, hands-on experience will help convince customers. Balance is needed to bring in local flavor to individual markets and maintain a focused global enterprise. To make a diverse portfolio into an...
- Opinion: Announcing the death of 360-degree branding. Jaques, Chris // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/7/2007, p122
The article presents the author's views on the need to adopt new branding strategies by companies. It is viewed that 360-degree branding strategy is no more useful in present scenario as services based industries are making more money than the product based ones. It is stated that services need...
- MORRITT JOINS UPN AS VP. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;2/22/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 40, p14
The article focuses on CBS Broadcasting Inc. veteran Jeff Morritt who has moved across town to sibling network UPN, joining the weblet as vice president of advertising and promotion. Morritt will oversee all of UPN's on-air promos, as well as the nets radio, print and outdoor advertising...