CNN News Group
- CNN's New Guarantee. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;2/8/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that Cable News Network (CNN) will start to call on media agencies at the end of February 2010, screening the video as part of a simplified, facts-only program that lasts for about 38 minutes. The economic benefits of using nontraditional venues is discussed. According to...
- Web site offers forum for TV news viewers. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the features of a Tucson, Arizona-based interactive web site, Newsviewers.com. Forum for viewers to comment on local news coverage; Co-founders of the web site; Goal of encouraging viewers to fill out surveys on local news.
- Too much of a good thing can be just that -- too much what's a Web surfer to do? Madden, Lisa // New Hampshire Business Review;08/13/99, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p18
Makes observations concerning the emergence of Web sites that resemble the news offered by television. Merger of the two mediums to create the ultimate; Advantage of getting additional information from the television show's companion Web site.
- A Global Perspective. Waldman, Alan // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p14A
Features CNN International, Cable News Network's 24-hour global news network. Annual revenues; New bureaus under the company; Key executives; International joint ventures.
- Not your parents' news channel. All, Lee // Electronic Media;12/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p23
Focuses on the Cable News Network's television program 'Headline News' which completed its 20th anniversary in 2002. Quality of news provided by the program; Purpose for creating the program in 1982; Background about the creation of the news program; Channel which threatened the very existence...
- Rescue digs up ratings. SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;10/14/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the high ratings received by Cable News Network's (CNN) television program "Larry King Live" and its website exceeding the ratings of cable networks Fox News and MSNBC because of CNN's live coverage of the rescue operation for the trapped miners in Chile.
- New 'Morning' dawns at CNN. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the reorganization of the news anchor lineup at Cable Television Network (CNN) in the U.S. Debut of former 'NBC News' weekend anchor Soledad O'Brien on 'American Morning' of CNN co-anchoring with Bill Hemmer; Participation of back-to-back evening anchors Anderson Cooper and Paula...
- Back on the Job. Lowry, Brian // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on Cable News Network (CNN), the eldest cable news network in the U.S. Coverage of the South Asia tsunami by CNN; Problems faced by the cable network; Comparison between CNN and Fox News Channel.
- Schlesinger: CNN and the Tempting Path Toward Partisanship. Schlesinger, Robert // U.S. News Digital Weekly;10/30/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p20
The author cites the possibility that the 24-hour cable news network CNN would follow the move by Fox and MSNBC toward partisanship as it slipped into last place among the U.S. news networks.