- Ho-Hum: HBO Gets 109 Emmy Nods. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p12
Focuses on awards received by cable television Home Box Office (HBO) in the 55th annual Prime-time Emmy Awards. Nominations received by cable television network TNT; Shows nominated on the HBO; Contenders for the prize of winning guess category.
- ESPN, HBO lead Sports Emmys. // Variety;4/29/96, Vol. 362 Issue 13, p40
Reports on Cable TV's dominance of the Sports Emmy Awards in 1996. Number of awards won by ESPN and HBO; Who won among the networks; What the awards won by ESPN and HBO were for.
- George Bodenheimer. Miller, Stuart // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p1A
Profiles sports television network ESPN president George Bodenheimer. Awards he received since 2004; Influence of Bodenheimer on the cable industry; Remarks of ESPN vice president of technology, engineering and operations Chuck Pagano regarding Bodenheimer.
- ESPN in the cross hairs. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR22
Discusses the economic status of cable television network ESPN as of June 11, 2001. Recognition of the ESPN brand name worldwide; Household ratings of ESPN in 2001; Revenue in 2000.
- ESPN to Add HD Channel; Plans Full-Time 'Deportes' Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p8
Deals with the plan of ESPN to add cable television networks in its lineup in 2003. Objective of the company for launching ESPN HD; Information on ESPN Deportes.
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Here's to the Winners. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p28
In June 2003 at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association annual show in Chicago, Illinois, the organization bestowed its prestigious Vanguard Awards to nine men and women who have brought that certain special something to the cable television business. The Larry Boggs Vanguard award,...
- Golden Globe Loves Cable. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the role of cable television (TV) in the Golden Globe Awards for television. Nomination for the awards from the performance on cable TV; Recognition of the cable in the Prime Time Emmy Awards; Progress of cable TV in the field of broadcasting; Provision adopted by TV channels for the...
- A Look Back Over the Years. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p10A
Presents picture of supplements of 20 years of Cable Television administration and Marketing Society, honoring the best in cable marketing.