TNT Scores With 'West,' 'Closer'
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;7/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 129, p2
Reports on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Top five cable television networks in the country; Household rating of Disney and ESPN; Rating of the TNT television program "The Closer."
- TNT Tops Summer Ratings. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 36, p26
Reports on the ratings obtained by television network TNT in the U.S. from May 30, 2005 to August 28, 2005. Percentage of an increase in its viewers in summer; Television programs that contribute to the increased ratings of the network, including "Into the West"; Other networks that posted...
- Postseason Payoff. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;10/12/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p8
The article reports that the cable television network TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting, enjoyed the highest ratings for a broadcast of the baseball playoffs since 2005 on October 7, 2009, when it broadcast three games of the American and National League divisional series, the playoff's...
- SUCCESS ADDS PRESSURE TO CABLE STABLE. Martin, Denise // Variety;7/24/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 9, p14
The article highlights the high viewership ratings of several original cable television programs in the U.S. The scripted dramas of cable are shaping up to be serious contenders for the attention of audiences. In addition to the record-setting performances of The Closer and Psych, cablers...
- 'HEARTLAND' TRANSPLANT. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;6/28/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 62, p6
The article announces the rescheduling of the time slot for television series "Heartland," starring Treat Williams from its prime slot after its first two episode failed to generate favorable response from the television viewers in the U.S. Turner Network Television replaced it with hit...
- Upfront Sprints To Strong Start. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p4
Provides information on the status of the broadcast television market as of June 2002. Projection on the 2002 to 2003 upfront dollar volume and cost-per-thousand viewers rates; Reason for the earlier movement of the broadcast upfront in 2002 than in 2001; Categories driving the growth in the...
- In Reality, It Was the Weirdest Sweeps Ever. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the performance of different television broadcasting networks in the U.S. in February 2003. Achievement of top rating by CBS in the category of total viewers; Reasons for the poor performance of NBC; Improvement in the ratings of ABC in the adult category.
- Sweeps Reveal Broom at the Top. Adalian, Josef; Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;11/30/98, Vol. 373 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the ratings earned by television networks in 1998 in winning the 18-34 viewers. Percentage drop in the rate of television usage by the audience segment; Reason for the fall of the National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) from dominance in November 1998; Reason for the success of CBS Inc.
- Moonves upbeat about UPN despite ratings dip. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the challenges faced by the UPN television network in Los Angeles, California. Decline of program ratings; Plan of producing a sitcom on family life; Effort of improving distribution channels.