Sundance Heeds Fans' Pleas for More
- HBO Bets Big on Miniseries, Comedy. Umstead, R. Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p63
Reports on the television programs of Home Box Office (HBO) as of July 2005. Plans of executives at the cable network for the comedy television program "Entourage"; Information on the television miniseries projects of HBO; List of comedy television shows that the network will broadcast from...
- MONTY PYTHON'S PERSONAL BEST. Kempshall, Pete // NW;1/15/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p75
The article reviews "Monty Python's Personal Best," a collection of sketch shows released on DVD format, starring the British comedy group Monty Python.
- 'BETTY' TURNS HEADS. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/2/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on "Ugly Betty," the net's one-hour comedy series. The article states that according to nationals from Nielsen, the well-reviewed "Ugly Betty" averaged a second-place 5.0 rating/14 share in adults 18-49 and 16.32 million viewers overall. According to the article, "Betty" is...
- Freshman Series Shine in Globe Nominations. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;12/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 47, p21
The article focuses on the nominees for the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association held on December 15, 2011. The nominees for the television miniseries include "Mildred Pierce," "Downton Abbey,"and "New Girl." For the best comedy series category, the nominees...
- 'Staircase' Climbs Onto TV, DVD. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;4/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p15
Reports on the launch of the television miniseries "The Staircase" by Sundance Channel LLC. Plot of the program; Schedule of the program; Video companies that will distribute the program.
- All Native cast, ambitious project films in Alberta. Narine, Shari // Alberta Sweetgrass;May2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the casting for the mini-series 'Dreamkeeper' in Calgary, Alberta. Details on the story of the film; Location of the casting; Lists of artists for the film.
- A REALLY NICE GUY. Garvey, Michael O. // Commonweal;05/05/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p17
Reviews the television miniseries `Jesus,' written by Suzette Couture and produced by CBS.
- The ubiquitous Biography. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p32
Reports the programming schedule of A&E cable television network in the U.S. Miniseries added to the program line up; Specials scheduled to launch by the network; Efforts of the station to raise its ratings.
- `V'isiting Hours. Baldwin, Kristen // Entertainment Weekly;04/30/99, Issue 483, p112
Features the television (TV) miniseries `V.' Advertising promotions; Viewership; Special effects; Influence of its alien theme on subsequent TV programs and motion pictures.