Pro-Cable Muni Bill Dies in Iowa
- Broadband-Over-Powerline Gets Texas, California Boosts. // Telecom Policy Report;9/12/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p1
This article reports on two broadband-over-powerline (BPL) related legislative and regulatory policy initiatives created in the states of Texas and California as of September 12, 2005. A Texas Legislature telecommunication reform initiative establishes regulations for BPL authorizations. The...
- TALKBACK. Bennett, Richard; Townsend Fisher, Cathy // Multichannel News;2/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of "Multichannel News," including "Wheeler: Title II Is Actually Act III of Agency's Broadband Play," and "FSF's May: Title II Is Major Misstep."
- Competing bills compared. // America's Network;06/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p21
Compares Internet Freedom and Broadband Deployment Act of 2001 and Broadband Competition and Incentives Act of 2001, legislative bills on broadband communication system in the United States. Sponsors; Features.
- Lawmakers to cities: Don't run telecoms. Mahon, Joe // Fedgazette;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the bill being sponsored by Legislators in Wisconsin which will restrict the establishment of public broadband service. Discussion on the need to conduct cost-benefit analysis for city governments planning to get into the broadband business; Application of the restrictions to...
- How bad is U.S. broadband deployment? Bradner, Scott // Network World;10/20/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p23
The author reflects on the passing of the Broadband Data Improvement Act by the U.S. Congress. He asserts that the law aims at improving the quality of federal and state data about the availability and quality of broadband services. He argues that the law mandates useful ways to achieve the...
- Bill to favor bells. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p41
Focuses on a legislative bill proposed by Representative Billy Tauzin to deregulate telephone companies to boost their competitiveness for broadband communication systems.
- US, European Telco Groups Team on Internet Regs. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Apr2015, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on a pro-investment and pro-innovation approach to broadband policies called by telecommunication operator trade associations European Telecommunications Network Operators (ETNO) and USTelecom. It is inferred that the call emphasizes the importance of a positive approach to...
- U.S. broadband plan: too much like old times? Bradner, Scott // Network World;8/17/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 26, preceding p14
The article presents the author's insight on the plan of the U.S. Department of Commerce to deploy broadband communication systems to all Americans as required by section 7O6 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC). He points out that the...
- Indiana's TV Law Lauded. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the impact of the 2006 telecommunications-reform bill in Indiana. It is stated that Ball State University researchers declare that the bill, HEA 1279, has advanced the deployment of video and broadband services in the state. In details, the report from the university's...