Millenium Adds Wi-Fi Hot Spots for Business
- Millennium Goes to Plan B. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the disapproval of Millennium Digital Media on the agreement to sell off about 70,000 of its 120,000 subscribers to Wave Broadband in the U.S. Instead of conceding on the deal, Millennium has decided to focus on rebuilding its plant and pursuing new acquisitions. In...
- Power Recloser App Released for iPhone and iPad. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/ 3/2012, p4
The article provides information on the NOJA Power Recloser application (App) designed to interface to NOJA Power RC10 Recloser control and communications cubicles through the optional Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) router accessory.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p26
The article reports on the proposal of Cablevision Systems to provide Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) network access on passenger trains in Bethpage, New York and the launching of the SafariFusion Visual Communications Suite by Cedar Point Communications in Derry, New Hampshire.
- Overbuilding Operator on Block. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p19
Presents information on the book value of Millenium Digital Media properties in the U.S. Cable television executives who formed the company; Number of subscribers and customers of the firm in Maryland and Washington; Private-equity investors that are possible buyers of the properties.
- There are lots of WLAN protocols to sift through. Barkway, Michael // Portable Design;Nov2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p21
Describes the development and applications of wireless local area network (WLAN) protocols. Aspects of the 802.11 standard for wireless networks; Development of bluetooth technology; Inclusion of quality of service features to product bandwidth for time-critical applications such as audio and...
- Load Density Analysis of Mobile Zigbee Coordinator in Hexagonal Configuration. Ramyah, S. R. // Wireless Sensor Network;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p59
Mobility is one of the major new paradigms of the current Internet, and this is driving most of the research activity in networking throughout the World. The Mobility of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) has become a hot research theme in recent years due to its wide range of applications ranging...
- Monopole Triple Band Circular Patch Antenna using Defected Ground Structure for IMT 2000/UMTS/ WLAN/WiMAX Applications. Kapoor, Sakshi; Parkash, Davinder // International Journal of Computer Applications;8/1/2012, Vol. 51, p16
This paper presents a circular patch multiband monopole microstrip antenna using DGS (Defected Ground Structure) technique. In this monopole multiband antenna L-shaped defects are inserted into both sides of ground plane of patch antenna forming a defected ground structure. The antenna exhibits...
- Optimized and Smooth Handover between Wi-Fi and WiMAX using Link Layer Triggers. Korde, Manish; Kumar, Binod // International Journal of Computer Applications;7/1/2012, Vol. 50, p32
Mobile devices are beginning to have multiple wireless interfaces. There is a need for these devices to move freely across different networks and achieve seamless handoff across heterogeneous wireless network. In our simulation we performed handover between Wi-Fi (WLAN) and WiMAX network using...
- Modeling and evaluating IPTV applications in WiMAX networks. Lin, Chih-Peng; Chen, Hsing-Lung; Leu, Jenq-Shiou // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Dec2013, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p641
Internet Protocol-based Television (IPTV) is a digital television service which delivers television content via an IP network. The rapid growth of wireless network technology in recent years has changed, the way people access the Internet. Adding mobility to IPTV can create a truly compelling...