Timely Disaster Advice -- Plus VOD Ads
- On Demand lineup is a little uneven. Adalian, Josef // Variety;2/21/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on Video-on-Demand (VOD) service for free television programs offered by Comcast. Motion pictures available in VOD; Other free programming offered by Comcast.
- Banking on a VOD Future. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p12
Presents information on the video-on-demand (VOD) business of Comcast Corp. Financial performance of the company for the nine months ended September 30, 2004; Approach of Comcast to its VOD model; Free VOD titles offered by Comcast.
- Alpha Moms Get VOD Offering. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p12
Focuses on the two video on-demand (VOD) services offered by Comcast Corp. to parents and children as of July 11, 2005. Function of Alpha Mom TV; Reason for using VOD over linear network; Number of programming hours that will be added to Vortex on Demand, a VOD service for kids.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- Public Affairs. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p3
Presents news on public affairs as of October 2005. Decision of Comcast to make telecasts from the 2005 Fallen Firefighter Candlelight and Memorial Weekend available on video on demand; Focus of an educational event to be hosted by Cablevision's Power to Learn initiative.
- Comcast using Nielsen's VOD measurement service. // CED;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the launching of a new video-on-demand (VOD) measurement service by Nielsen Co. in the U.S. The service, Nielsen On-Demand Reporting & Analytics (NORA), will aggregate and anonymously reports on VOD usage based on real-time transactions collected at the set-top box (STB)...
- Comcast Bows Sub Streaming Service. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/27/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p1
The article announces the launching of subscription video -on-demand (SVOD) service for portable media devices by Comcast Corp. Information on the high-speed Internet service named Streampix is offered, including its licensing agreements for Streampix content with Disney-ABC Television Group,...
- On the Spot. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;4/10/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p42
The article focuses on the effort of cable television networks to look for a way to advertise in a video-on-demand (VOD) environment. Even as VOD boosters like Comcast continue to push for free on-demand content, a number of factors have held back growth of advertising opportunities. One...
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...