THROUGH THE WIRE
- Call Time Out on 'Net Neutrality' Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p22
Comments on the proposal to halt network neutrality in the U.S. TV industry. Implications of network neutrality for cable operators; Issue surrounding network neutrality; Relevance of network neutrality to Google and Yahoo.
- Street Talk. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/10/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p44
Presents news items related to show business in the United States as of July 16, 2001. Corporate earnings reported by Yahoo! Inc. during the second quarter of 2001; Impact of the advertising downturn on local television broadcasting companies; KNTV's decision to place additional strains on its...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p3
Presents news on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of April 5, 2004. Decision of the Charter Communications Inc. to file documents with the Securities and Exchange Commission on its marketing efforts to retain subscribers; Participation of the National Association of Broadcasters in...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p30
Presents tabular and graphical representations of the stock performance of the TV industry in the U.S. as of May 2005, including the financial effect of the launch of Yahoo! Music Unlimited on RealNetworks.
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;04/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p4
Reports on developments concerning television broadcasting in the United States as of April 23, 2001. Appointment Terry Semel as chairman and chief executive officer of Yahoo! Inc. Meeting of the Major League Baseball at the National Association of Broadcasters convention to decide whether to...
- Retransmission rights vital to broadcast nets. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/25/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 6, p105
The article discusses the impact of digital broadband technology on television broadcasting in the U.S. The murky future of television broadcasters, whose media platform is the most challenged by surging digital broadband technology, is gaining some peculiar clarity from a variety of major...
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p11
Reports television broadcasting developments in the United States as of February 2002. Reaction of Vivendi Universal Ltd. chairman Marie Messier on stock decline; Dejection of Messier of taking over Yahoo! company; Financial status of Univision Communications Inc.
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.