Miss America Needs A TV Home? WE Says: Here We Are
- Who wants to be a multi-million television audience attractor? Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;7/28/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on the efforts of ITV to reconnect with its advertisers with the hosting of a special charity edition of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire? in South Bank, England. Success of the network in combining commercial success with public service programming; Launch of the autumn program line-up of...
- Sloppy Math. Barry, Kevin // MediaWeek;04/30/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p30
Discusses the issues surrounding the local cable operators and alternative delivery systems (ADS) in the broadcast television industry. Viewership; ADS contribution to cable audiences; Measurement of television audiences.
- CNBC Australia. // B&T Weekly;9/24/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2490, Special section p7
Features CNBC Australia, a network that is focus on providing relevant and up-to-date local and business news. Provision of targeted business and investment-related information by the network; Audience of the network; Advertisers in the network.
- Horowitz Survey: Target Multicultural Gen Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p22
The article cites findings of a report released by Horowitz Associates Inc. according to which America's population aged 12 to 24 is getting more multicultural, digital and convergence-friendly by the day. Four out of five multicultural citizens surveyed in Horowitz's report subscribe to either...
- In Mexico, Aprende TV is a learning experience. Bensinger, Ken // Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the launch of Aprende TV, an education and culture channel developed by the cable trade group National Chamber of the Cable Television Industry, in Mexico City. Information on the channel; Target audiences of the channel.
- The Impact Of Cable on Traditional TV News Viewing. Henke, Lucy L.; Donohue, Thomas R.; Cook, Christopher; Cheung, Diane // Journalism Quarterly;Spring84, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p174
Examines the impact of cable television on traditional television news viewing in Lexington, Kentucky. Changes in the television habits of viewers; Effect of cable on broadcasting; Total number of respondents to the telephone survey.
- Local news has cable blues. Barnhart, Aaron // Electronic Media;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the impact of cable television on local television news broadcasts in the United States as exemplified by the viewing habits of television audiences in Kansas City, Missouri. Reduction of ratings due to cable programs; Observation of schedules when television viewers in the city are...
- 2000 -- a cable odyssey. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Reports that cable executives are predicting that the rising tide of cable viewership will swamp the dominance of the major broadcast networks in the United States by the end of 1999. Larger prime-time audience of basic cable by the year 2000; Growth of basic cable's prime audience in 1998;...
- Top five shows. // Marketing (00253650);9/21/2005 Supplement, Special section p25
This article presents information about the top five television shows in Great Britain during 1955 to 2004. Some of them are: Royal Variety Show; Coronation Street; Sunday Night at the Palladium; The Special Royal Performance; Benny Hill Show; Diamonds are Forever; Sale of the Century; Survival...