- Sex sells, bankers blush in Playboy, other adult deals. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/17/99, Vol. 65 Issue 20, p6
Focuses on the success of Credit Suisse First Boston's (CSFB) deal for Playboy Enterprises when it served as lead manager on its second share offering for the adult-entertainment company. Problem raised by the deal in the market for adult-oriented securities offerings; Sensitive issue for...
- It's Turkey Time! J.F. // High Yield Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
The article presents information on Calpine Corp., the 2004 winner of the periodical "High Yield Report" (HYR) "turkey deal." Calpine is also the winner of HYR's first "turkey issuer" award, as the company has issued a couple deals over the past year that have never traded above par in the...
- Fear a factor in short attraction to Playboy. Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;5/30/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that short-sellers are swarming the stock of Playboy Enterprises Inc. despite improving fundamentals at the Chicago porn purveyor. Analysts say the short-sellers' most likely inspiration is fear of the increasing social and political clout of cultural conservatives. Newly...
- New SEC Rules May Help Leveraged Finance. S., M. // Bank Loan Report;3/3/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that changes in securities regulations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have made it easier for smaller companies to access the debt markets in the U.S. The new rules allow companies with public equity valuation of less than $75 million to use shorter forms S-3...
- A pathway to sound economic thinking. Johnson, Robert A. // OECD Observer;May2012, Issue 290/291, p13
The article focuses on the author's views about the problems in the financial market.
- Divided we fall. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;9/8/2011, p22
In this article the author discusses the discrepancies in the financial market which results to various opinion of experts in the financial services industry in Great Britain.
- The next phase. // Finweek;5/10/2007, p64
The article discusses the Bond Exchange of South Africa (BESA) regarding corporate bonds and securitization. Rand Merchant Bank Ltd. (RMB) mentioned the corporate bonds are debt that have fixed repayment terms an interest cost, which is deducted from tax. The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd....
- Highlights of Recent Trends in Financial Markets. // Financial Market Trends;Oct2003, Issue 85, p7
Focuses on recent trends in the U.S. financial markets. Risk factors that affect optimism of financial markets; Geopolitical uncertainties that affect financial markets.
- STOCK MARKET DEVELOPMENT IN CEE COUNTRIES -- THE PANEL DATA ANALYSIS. Kurach, Radosiaw // Ekonomika / Economics;2010, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p20
Since financial system development is a necessary condition of the long-run economic growth, in this paper we address the question about the factors that may drive in particular the development of stock market segment. We propose a set of potential determinants and then empirically verify their...