- M&A Deals Bring New Biz To ABL Mart. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the contribution of mergers and acquisitions and leveraged buyout market to the strong issuance in the leveraged loan market in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the percentage of deal volume driven by acquisitions; Benefit of the trend for the asset-based market; Comparison of the recent...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/19/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 35, p19
Presents charts and a graph depicting the global merger and acquisition deals as of September 12, 2005. Global target volume by selected industry; European target volume; Top global acquisition related lenders.
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p21
Presents charts and graphs depicting merger and acquisition transactions as of April 4, 2005. Monthly global merger and acquisition volume; European target volume of selected industry; U.S. target volume by selected industry.
- It Pays to Follow the Leader: Acquiring Targets Picked by Private Equity. Dittmar, Amy; Li, Di; Nain, Amrita // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Oct2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p901
This paper examines the impact of financial sponsor competition on corporate buyers. We find that corporate acquirers who purchase targets that financial buyers also bid on outperform corporate acquirers who buy targets bid on by corporate firms only. Deal characteristics, acquirer abilities,...
- Flush with cash, Simon revives hunt for acquisitions. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p4A
The article profiles Simon Property Group Inc. in Indiana. According to the author, the company has grown its revenue ten times since it began in 1993. One major factor that contributed to Simon Property's development is well-timed acquisitions. The author noted Simon's strategies which include...
- Investment Grants--Progress Payments on Acquisition of Assets. // Accountancy;Aug1967, Vol. 78 Issue 888, p519
The article reports on the regulations concerning Investment Grants which may be paid in respect of progress payments on the acquisition of assets without waiting for the assets to be completed in Great Britain. The Board of Trade have announced that in view of the wide variety of contractual...
- Mergers and acquisitions. // Essential Finance;2003, p202
A definition of the term "mergers and acquisitions," is presented. Such term is widely used in the finance and banking sector. It refers to the shorthand for mergers between companies and acquisitions of one company by another, also the name given to the department of an investment bank that...
- Fewer large deals, but more activity. // Accountancy;Dec1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1168, p33
The article provides information on the increase in number of management buyouts in Great Britain in the first half of 1990. The value of buyout and buyin transactions at Â£1.71 billion was 24.3 % less than the Â£2.26 billion recorded in the same period of 1989. However, the volume of deals...
- HP Split Seen Opening Door To Buyouts. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;10/7/2014, pA05
Hewlett-Packard going splitsville could lead to a marriage down the road to EMC or some other suitors.