IT Systems a Key In Retail Mergers
- NEWS BRIEFS. // DM News;8/9/2010, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. retail industry which include the proposal for mailing rate increase by the Postal Regulatory Commission, the promotion of American Association of Retired Persons' (AARPs') marketing campaign of AARP The Magazine Road Show Events, and the...
- GUEST COMMENT: RECESSIONS CAN HAVE SILVER LININGS. Rogers, David // Retail Digest;Fall2008, p6
The author reflects on the impact of recessions on retailers in Great Britain. According to the author, the downturn has caused the bankruptcy and closure of several retail stores. He also asserts that the downturn has also some silver linings as well, such as the good performance of retailers,...
- The Soft Stuff Is the Hard Stuff, and Other Lessons From Iraq. Ellis, John // Fast Company;Jun2003, Issue 71, p68
Focuses on the business lessons to be learned from Operation Iraqi Freedom. Problem with corporate incrementalism; Reason for the failure of corporate mergers; Benefits from information technology.
- Hogan Lovells helps X5 become top Russian retailer with Kopeyka buy. Pugh, Andrew // Lawyer;12/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the suggestion of Hogan Lovells to X5 retail group to buy its rival Russian retailer Kopeyka.
- Consolidation -- can it work for you? // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Jun2007, p49
The article offers advice to chief information officers (CIOs) to make use of industry consolidation to their advantage. This means working closely with suppliers and system architects to link with existing and new technology. There is also a need to plan ahead and ensure as much compatibility...
- Sears, Kmart Fashion Redo. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 78, p9
The article reports on the vertical approach to product development adopted by retailer Sears Holdings in 2006, which involves sourcing and designing in-house, bypassing the domestic market in favor of direct importing and having merchants function as general managers rather than selecting...
- IT and Future Retailer-Supplier Relationships. Cuthbertson, Richard // European Retail Digest;Sep99, Issue 23, p6
Examines the influence of information technology on retailer-supplier relationships. Integration of technology; Evolution of electronic channels; Influence on customer relationship management.
- Se Habla Internet! Orton, Charles Wesley // World Trade;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the growth of the information technology market in Latin America. Business-to-business transactions; Status of retail trade; Localization of business transactions. INSETS: B2B Better Bet Than B2C;Assessing the Readiness Factors;Dept. of Commerce Bullish on Latin American E-Commerce.
- Appendix III: Procurement Request Phase Activities. // GAO Reports;8/9/2011, p39
An appendix is presented of procurement request phase activities for business acquisition plans.