Internet Use is the "New Normal"
- DIGITAL MEDIA REVIEWS. Quist, Ned; Cary, Paul; McLane, Alec // Notes;Jun2004, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p1006
Reviews several Web sites providing music resources.
- E-mail Making You Crazy? Johnson, Steven // Discover;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p22
Discusses the negative effects of the information provided by the Internet to Internet users. Study to test the effect of multitasking in the concentration of people; Detoxification tips offered by psychiatrists to help people from data smog; Development of computer software to help computer...
- 2011: we were warned�about IPv6. MOK, CHARLES // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
The author comments on the possibility that iPv4, the Internet protocol (IP) standard, would be taken over by IPv6 which would then boost the number of IP addresses for use. He points out that businesses do not seem to realize that iPv4 is running out as indicated by the Number Resource...
- Best investments in a UGC age are the sites that show the way. Richard, Doug // New Media Age;7/6/2006, p14
The author reflects on the increasing popularity of user-generated content. He cites several personal page-driven and video Web sites. He offers information on two Web sites that attempt to help listeners discover new music. He believes people will suffer from attention availability disorder in...
- Culture Trends. // Adweek;11/1/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 41, following p32
The article reports on the Internet usage of top websites in the U.S. Some of them are MedcoHealth.com 16.63%, Drugstore.com 13.79%, Walgreens.com 13.41%, Riteaid.com 7.69%, and CVS.com 5.10%.
- Seeing the Sites. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 97, p14
No abstract available.
- You can offer what the big guys don't. Rosenzweig, Stan // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/22/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p33
The article focuses on the author's experience when he used the Web site www.ups.com to track down a phone number. After looking at several Web pages, he learned that the phone numbers have been replaced with fill-in-the-blanks forms. The author mistakenly left a field blank which results in error.
- Internet Resources. // Tajikistan;2006, pN.PAG
This section presents a list of Web sites offering information related to Tajikistan.
- Feeding the RSS appetite. Chillingworth, Mark // Information World Review;Sep2005, Issue 216, p28
Reviews the Feednation.com Web site.