A cabin made of wood pallets
- The One Dollar Log-Home. Coolidge, McCabe // Old House Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p39
The article relates the experience of the author on how he turned abandoned log structures into usable cabins and studio in the U.S. Along with a friend, the author was able to assemble the logs into a dwelling with two bedrooms, fireplace and a stove. The author plans to have another log barn...
- Third Time's the Charm. Morrell, John // Log Home Living;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10/11, p28
The article focuses on the third log home of the couple, Gary and Mary Arndt. Their first log home was located in Kabekona Lake near Laporte, Minnesota built in 1960. Their second home was a log cabin in Chicago, Illinois built by Bryan Kerby of Northwoods Log Homes. It relates the features and...
- The Spice of Log Life. // Log Home Living;2011 Annual Buyer's Guide, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of several log homes with different designs are presented.
- mailbox. Pittman, Don; Pittman, Janet; Chesley, Sandy // Log Home Living;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
Several letters to the editor of "Log Home Living," are presented including one which talks about acting as a general contractor for the construction of his own log home and another which relates the construction of a log house with log corners and tie-in logs with Sheetrock walls in-between.
- Little cabin in the north. Anonymous // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p96
Presents an article about building a cabin. Challenges of building a cabin; Benefits from cabins.
- Aunt Bash's Log Cabin. Ramsey Sr., Brad // Good Old Days Looking Back;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p60
The article narrates the log cabin of the author's aunt at the foot of Ditto Mountain in Greenbrair Cove, Alabama. It notes that the cabin bore slash marks from a broadax wielded by some trained woodsman. It was insulated by thick and handcrafted cedar shingles from winter snow and summer heat....
- rural route. Locke, Christopher; Alexandre, Sandy; Perry, Alan // Cottage Life West;Fall2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "You Call That a Cabin" in the May-June 2013 issue, a letter to the editor about sender Todd Wallace's cabin at St. Vincent Bay in Jervis Inlet, British Columbia and a letter in which the sender inquires on where to buy a...
- CABINS. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p34
The article focuses on cabins in Alaska. Rustic cabins in remote Alaska places can be rented from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA )Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service, the Alaska State Parks and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The modest price...
- Spend Less, Get More. // Log Home Living;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses ways of choosing a budget-friendly log home. Log home prices vary on various factors including labor, quality, and size, where the latter two are changeable to make prices reach affordable levels. Other factors to consider when financing construction of log homes based on...