A cabin made of wood pallets
- The One Dollar Log-Home. Coolidge, McCabe // Old House Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p39
The article relates the experience of the author on how he turned abandoned log structures into usable cabins and studio in the U.S. Along with a friend, the author was able to assemble the logs into a dwelling with two bedrooms, fireplace and a stove. The author plans to have another log barn...
- Spend Less, Get More. // Log Home Living;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses ways of choosing a budget-friendly log home. Log home prices vary on various factors including labor, quality, and size, where the latter two are changeable to make prices reach affordable levels. Other factors to consider when financing construction of log homes based on...
- Third Time's the Charm. Morrell, John // Log Home Living;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10/11, p28
The article focuses on the third log home of the couple, Gary and Mary Arndt. Their first log home was located in Kabekona Lake near Laporte, Minnesota built in 1960. Their second home was a log cabin in Chicago, Illinois built by Bryan Kerby of Northwoods Log Homes. It relates the features and...
- The Spice of Log Life. // Log Home Living;2011 Annual Buyer's Guide, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of several log homes with different designs are presented.
- mailbox. Pittman, Don; Pittman, Janet; Chesley, Sandy // Log Home Living;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
Several letters to the editor of "Log Home Living," are presented including one which talks about acting as a general contractor for the construction of his own log home and another which relates the construction of a log house with log corners and tie-in logs with Sheetrock walls in-between.
- Which log cabin is different from the others? // Monkeyshines on America;Jul2000 Illinois Issue, p4
The article presents a picture puzzle where a log cabin that is different from the remaining three has to be identified.
- Little cabin in the north. Anonymous // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p96
Presents an article about building a cabin. Challenges of building a cabin; Benefits from cabins.
- A small space. Self, Joey; Self, Sue // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p97
Presents an article about building a cabin in Northern Arkansas. Materials used for constructing walls; Use of two sets of cedar beams; Construction of a radiant barrier for insulation.
- Aunt Bash's Log Cabin. Ramsey Sr., Brad // Good Old Days Looking Back;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p60
The article narrates the log cabin of the author's aunt at the foot of Ditto Mountain in Greenbrair Cove, Alabama. It notes that the cabin bore slash marks from a broadax wielded by some trained woodsman. It was insulated by thick and handcrafted cedar shingles from winter snow and summer heat....