A cabin made of wood pallets
- Third Time's the Charm. Morrell, John // Log Home Living;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10/11, p28
The article focuses on the third log home of the couple, Gary and Mary Arndt. Their first log home was located in Kabekona Lake near Laporte, Minnesota built in 1960. Their second home was a log cabin in Chicago, Illinois built by Bryan Kerby of Northwoods Log Homes. It relates the features and...
- The Spice of Log Life. // Log Home Living;2011 Annual Buyer's Guide, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of several log homes with different designs are presented.
- mailbox. Pittman, Don; Pittman, Janet; Chesley, Sandy // Log Home Living;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
Several letters to the editor of "Log Home Living," are presented including one which talks about acting as a general contractor for the construction of his own log home and another which relates the construction of a log house with log corners and tie-in logs with Sheetrock walls in-between.
- A small space. Self, Joey; Self, Sue // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p97
Presents an article about building a cabin in Northern Arkansas. Materials used for constructing walls; Use of two sets of cedar beams; Construction of a radiant barrier for insulation.
- Fire at Us! // Last Light Breaking;1993, p172
This article recounts the author's experience in fighting a fire that gutted a log cabin the of a neighbor in Ambler, Alaska. It's a quiet December evening in Ambler, five below zero. A the author work at his woodpile, splitting and stacking. He can hear barking sled dogs and the distant clatter...
- rural route. Locke, Christopher; Alexandre, Sandy; Perry, Alan // Cottage Life West;Fall2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "You Call That a Cabin" in the May-June 2013 issue, a letter to the editor about sender Todd Wallace's cabin at St. Vincent Bay in Jervis Inlet, British Columbia and a letter in which the sender inquires on where to buy a...
- Which log cabin is different from the others? // Monkeyshines on America;Jul2000 Illinois Issue, p4
The article presents a picture puzzle where a log cabin that is different from the remaining three has to be identified.
- CABINS. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p34
The article focuses on cabins in Alaska. Rustic cabins in remote Alaska places can be rented from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA )Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the National Park Service, the Alaska State Parks and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The modest price...
- Spend Less, Get More. // Log Home Living;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses ways of choosing a budget-friendly log home. Log home prices vary on various factors including labor, quality, and size, where the latter two are changeable to make prices reach affordable levels. Other factors to consider when financing construction of log homes based on...