A cabin made of wood pallets
- The One Dollar Log-Home. Coolidge, McCabe // Old House Journal;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p39
The article relates the experience of the author on how he turned abandoned log structures into usable cabins and studio in the U.S. Along with a friend, the author was able to assemble the logs into a dwelling with two bedrooms, fireplace and a stove. The author plans to have another log barn...
- Spend Less, Get More. // Log Home Living;Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses ways of choosing a budget-friendly log home. Log home prices vary on various factors including labor, quality, and size, where the latter two are changeable to make prices reach affordable levels. Other factors to consider when financing construction of log homes based on...
- Third Time's the Charm. Morrell, John // Log Home Living;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10/11, p28
The article focuses on the third log home of the couple, Gary and Mary Arndt. Their first log home was located in Kabekona Lake near Laporte, Minnesota built in 1960. Their second home was a log cabin in Chicago, Illinois built by Bryan Kerby of Northwoods Log Homes. It relates the features and...
- The ESSENTIAL Cabin. Machacek, Rachel // Log Home Living;Oct/Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10/11, p44
The article outlines the essentials of a true log cabin or the things that make log cabins home for their owners. C. R. Dunning who lives in a hybrid log-and-timber home in East Tennessee explains the value of building a porch. It relates that most owners of log cabins are keen on having a home...
- Living Like Lincoln. Epperson, Sharon // Time;11/29/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p153
The article reports that a growing number of Americans are building log houses that capture a rustic feel but still have all the amenities of contemporary custom homes. According to the Log Home Council of the National Association of Home Builders, more than 25,000 log homes are built each year,...
- The Spice of Log Life. // Log Home Living;2011 Annual Buyer's Guide, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of several log homes with different designs are presented.
- How Log Homes Are Sold. // Log Home Living;2011 Annual Buyer's Guide, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses the marketing of log homes in the U.S. Log homes are being sold by manufacturers and handcrafters. Manufacturers reportedly account for about 90 percent of log home production while handcrafters produce the remaining 10 percent. These two types of log home producers differ...
- mailbox. Pittman, Don; Pittman, Janet; Chesley, Sandy // Log Home Living;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
Several letters to the editor of "Log Home Living," are presented including one which talks about acting as a general contractor for the construction of his own log home and another which relates the construction of a log house with log corners and tie-in logs with Sheetrock walls in-between.
- Little cabin in the north. Anonymous // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p96
Presents an article about building a cabin. Challenges of building a cabin; Benefits from cabins.