American Values and Social Justice: Why Medicare Today Is in Conflict with Our Social Values
- Reasons Why Seniors Should Buy a Medicare Advantage Plan: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;12/28/2015, p2
The article explains why senior citizens should enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan to get coverage for their prescription medicine, along with tips on how to save more and spend less in 2016.
- Medicare to change method of interest calculation. // Drug Topics;8/9/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 15, p4
Reports that the CMS has issued a final rule, in 2004, stating that it is changing the way it calculates interest on Medicare overpayments and underpayments to healthcare providers.
- Socioeconomic Differences in Medicare Supplemental Coverage. Pourat, Nadereh; Rice, Thomas // Health Affairs;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p186
Examines the difficulty of Medicare beneficiaries in obtaining supplemental coverage for required health care services in the United States through the analysis of data from the 1996 Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey Access File. Characteristics of Medicare supplemental policy owners; Types of...
- Drug Plan Checkup. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;5/6/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p48
The article deals with the reluctance of some low-income U.S. seniors to join Medicare's new Part D prescription drug benefit as of May 2006. Despite the claim by Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt that the benefit is closing in on its initial goals, a significant minority of...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Healthcare;5/18/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on a Commonwealth Fund study which found that elderly Medicare beneficiaries rated their insurance coverage higher than adults covered by employer-sponsored plans.
- Americans Expect Drop In Medicare Benefits. Johnson, Tom // Risk Management (00355593);May90, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p12
Nearly two out of three people in the U.S. believe the Medicare program will not provide the same level of benefits when they become eligible as it does in 1990, according to a report based on a nationwide survey conducted by the Employee Benefit Research Institute and the Gallup Organization...
- Bitter Medicine. Feulner, Edwin J. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p29
Comments on the initiative of Bush administration to add a prescription-drug benefit to Medicare in the U.S. Significance of the prescription-drug coverage for retired employees; Provisions of the new law; Effect of the new law on retirees' existing employer-based drug coverage.
- Card sponsors told to beware of fines. // Drug Topics;6/7/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p12
This article reports that Medicare card sponsors who knowingly engage in misleading marketing practices or in conduct that violates the terms of their endorsement agreement are subject to fines by the Office of Inspector General (OIG). Each violation can cost them ten thousand dollars. So warned...
- CMS Releases New Mobility Coverage Criteria, Codes. // HomeCare Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
The article informs that more pieces of Medicare's mobility benefit overhaul came out of the box last month when CMS released draft coverage criteria and a bevy of power chair codes to take effect next year. While most stakeholders have praised the new draft National Coverage Determination...
- Rx, Lies, and Videotape. Winter, Grant // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug2004, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p82
Reports on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' video news release called "Government Answers Questions About New Mediare Law". Benefits of Medicare discount cards. INSET: 10 Tips for a Successful Pharma VNR.