Pancreatic Panniculitis Due to Pancreatic Carcinoma
- adipic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p49
A definition of the term "adipic," which is related to adipose tissue, is presented.
- Dermatology Clinic. CASE #2: Hardened plaque on a neonate's back. FETTER, MAYA; NUNLEY, JULIA R. // Clinical Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p105
No abstract available.
- Quercetin Inhibits IL-1Î²-Induced Inflammation, Hyaluronan Production and Adipogenesis in Orbital Fibroblasts from Graves' Orbitopathy. Jin Sook Yoon; Hyun Jung Lee; Soo Hyun Choi; Eun-Ju Chang; Sang Yeul Lee; Eun Jig Lee // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p1
Management of Graves' orbitopathy (GO) is challenging, as no reliable, specific, and safe medical therapeutic agents have yet been developed. We investigated the effect of quercetin in primary cultured orbital fibroblasts from GO, targeting pathways of inflammation, aberrant accumulation of...
- Tender Skin Nodules in a Newborn. Coondoo, Arijit; Lahiry, Raja; Choudhury, Amlan; Sengupta, Sujata // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, Following p324
Subcutaneous fat necrosis of infancy is a rare disorder of subcutaneous adipose tissue that is sometimes complicated by hypercalcemia. Complete resolution is common. From the pediatrician's point of view, the disease is a rare but important cause of inconsolable cry in a newborn.
- Sclerema neonatorum: a review of nomenclature, clinical presentation, histological features, differential diagnoses and management. Zeb, A.; Darmstadt, G. L. // Journal of Perinatology;Jul2008, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p453
Objective:To review published literature on sclerema neonatorum (SN) in order to clarify its clinical presentation, histological features and management compared with two other diseases: subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn (SCFN) and scleredema.Study Design:PubMed database was searched...
- Epicardial adipose tissue thickness is increased in patients with cardiac syndrome X. Gedikli, Omer; Ozturk, Mustafa; Turan, Oguzhan Ekrem; Ilter, Abdusselam; Hosoglu, Yusuf; Kiris, Gulhanim // International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Medicine;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p194
Background: Cardiac syndrome X (CSX) is defined as normal coronary arteries with angina pectoris and a positive stress test. Epicardial adipose tissue (EAT) plays an important role in inflammatory process in cardiovascular system, therefore EAT may affect the pathogenesis of different...
- Effects of Long-Term Food Restriction Under Thermoneutral Conditions on Brown Adipose Tissue of Laboratory Mice. Elsukova, E.; Mizonova, O.; Medvedev, L. // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Sep2015, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p601
Long-term food restriction (3 weeks, 60% of normal consumption of control animals) was followed by an increase in DNA and protein content in the intercapsular brown fat of mice. As the animals were kept under thermoneutral conditions, these changes are thought to be a result of food restriction.
- Imaging of Visceral Adipose Tissue: An Emerging Diagnostic Tool and Therapeutic Target. Iacobellis, G. // Current Drug Targets - Cardiovascular & Haematological Disorders;Aug2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p345
Several lines of evidence support the contention that excess visceral fat plays a significant role in the development of an unfavourable metabolic and cardiovascular risk profile. Hence, estimation of visceral adipose tissue (VAT), that is, the fat surrounding the internal organs, might be...
- A machine that "vacuums" cellulite. Hosman, Claire; Sullivan, Colleen; Hill, Brett; Bender, Michele // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Examines the effectiveness of endermologie in reducing the appearance of cellulite. Description of endermologie; Number of sessions needed to see results; Cost per treatment.