PROCEDURE -- SUBPOENA -- N.Y. CPLR 2308(b)
- The Arbitration Alternative. Meyerowitz, Steven A. // ABA Journal;Feb85, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p78
Recommends arbitration as an effective means of dispute resolution in the United States. Rise in the number of claims that are arbitrated rather than tried before a jury; Background on the system of arbitration; Disputes that are ideal for arbitration.
- Arbitration Awards in Hawaii 1944-1952. // Labor Law Journal;Jul56, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p440
The article focuses on arbitration awards in Hawaii. Analysis of arbitration awards in Hawaii from 1944 to 1952 shows that 54 per cent of the awards were in favor of employers, 31 per cent were in favor of the unions, 8 per cent were partially in favor of the unions, 3 per cent were partially in...
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution. // Doing Business with Libya;2004, p70
The article focuses on the arbitration and dispute resolution under the Libyan Civil and Commercial Procedure Code. The provisions of the Code covers purely internal or international arbitrations. Generally speaking, both contracting parties can agree to subject the disputes under an agreement...
- ARBITRATOR NOT A PARTY. // Arbitration Journal;Sep74, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p206
This article focuses on an arbitration rule that an arbitrator is neither a necessary nor a proper party in a proceeding to confirm, vacate or modify an arbitration award.
- AAA RULES -- APPOINTMENT OF ARBITRATOR. // Arbitration Journal;Sep74, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p206
This article presents a rule in arbitration which states that the court upheld the right of the American Arbitration Association to appoint arbitrator under its own rules when the parties have agreed to comply with the rules.
- Review of Court Decisions. // Arbitration Journal;Dec80, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p46
The article presents a review of cases related to industrial arbitration in the U.S. These cases involve extent of courts' authority to review arbitration awards and cases that deal with challenges to the conduct of arbitrators. Another set of cases wherein pre-hearing procedures are discussed,...
- THE DYNAMICS OF THE ARBITRATION PROCESS. Kanner, Richard L. // Arbitration Journal;Jun84, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p57
This article discusses the dynamics of the arbitration process. There exists in arbitration an exquisite tension between the requirement for a quick and inexpensive resolution of the dispute, and the equally stringent requirement for an end product of quality in the form of an arbitration...
- Keep clear of the courts. Sacks, Alan // Accountancy;Apr2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1304, p76
This article discusses the use of arbitration as an alternative to legal action in Great Britain. Arbitration can be defined as the referral of a dispute between two or more parties to an independent third party in order to resolve it. It is the only alternative if the disputing parties require...
- THE NEW ADCCAC ARBITRATION RULES. // Law Update;5/21/2015, p381
The article discusses the arbitration rules from the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC) in United Arab Emirates which take effect from September 1, 2013. The stages of the arbitration process covered by the ADCCAC rules include the initiation of the arbitration...