Long-Haul Air Travel Before Major Surgery: A Prescription for Thromboembolism?
- Major bleeding rates after pulmonary embolism, DVT unacceptable. Kasthuri, Raj // Hem/Onc Today;4/25/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p34
The article provides information on high bleeding rates after pulmonary embolism. According to the article, patients with pulmonary embolism or isolated deep vein thrombosis (DVT) have high rates of successive pulmonary embolism or recurrent venous thromboembolism. An overview of the Worcester...
- Concomitant frozen elephant trunk procedure and pulmonary embolectomy. Subramanian, Sreekumar; Karaxha, Gezim; Mohr, Friedrich W.; Misfeld, Martin // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p942
The antegrade stented (frozen) elephant trunk procedure and pulmonary embolectomy are complex cardiac surgical operations for extensive aortic and pulmonary arterial disease, respectively. We report the first known case of concomitant antegrade stented elephant trunk and pulmonary embolectomy in...
- Preoperative Embolization of Carotid Chemodectoma: a Technical Challenge that Can Be Customized According to Angioarchitecture: Illustrative Cases. FARAGÊ, GIUSEPPE; CASTELLANI, CARLOTTA; PONZI, SILVANO; JANKOVIC, CLAUDIO; SAGINARIO, VITTORIO; BERARDI, CARLO; POLLO, BIANCA; CICERI, ELISA F. // Neuroradiology Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p678
Preoperative embolization of carotid paraganglioma is increasingly used to reduce the risk of surgical bleeding obtaining a more precise and extensive tumor resection. Currently the technique can be customized in consideration of the different tumor angioarchitecture, thanks to embolic materials...
- Anesthesiologists reverse nothing-after-midnight policy. Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the American Society of Anesthesiologists' revision of its pre-operative fasting guidelines as of April 1999. Contact information.
- Duration of Anesthesia and Venous Thromboembolism After Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Jaffer, Amir K.; Barsoum, Wael K.; Krebs, Viktor; Hurbanek, Jason G.; Morra, Nariman; Brotman, Daniel J. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p732
OBJECTIVE: To determine whether longer duration of anesthesia predisposes patients undergoing orthopedic surgery to venous thromboembolism (VTE). PATIENTS AND METHODS: We conducted a secondary analysis of a retrospective case-control study that examined risk factors for postoperative VTE in...
- Pismo gosta urednika. Kalezić, Nevena // Acta Chirurgica Iugoslavica;2011, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p8
No abstract available.
- Anesthesia Provider Finger-breadth and Preoperative Airway Assessment. Ferrell, Cheyenne; Glenn, L. Lee; Wakim, Judith H. // AANA Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p280
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Accuracy of Fingerbreadth Measurements for Thyromental Distance Estimates: A Brief Study," by M. Kiser et al, along with the response of the authors.
- Vena Cava Filters: Why, When, What, How? Chiou, Andy C.; Biggs, Kristen L.; Matsumura, Jon S. // Perspectives in Vascular Surgery & Endovascular Therapy;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p329
Pulmonary emboli, a potentially lethal venous thromboembolic complication, is a potentially preventable morbidity or mortality that surgeons should consider in the perioperative period or in high-risk patients. Prophylactic inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement offers a high protection rate...
- Klinigimizde 2000-2005 Yillari Arasinda Yatirilan Pulmoner Tromboemboli Tanili Hastalarin Retrospektif Degerlendirilmesi. Abakay, �zlem; Top�u, F�sun; Abakay, Abdurrahman; Akyildiz, Levent; Yildiz, Tekin // Akciger Arsivi/Archives of Lung;Dec2007, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p127
Introduction: Pulmonary thromboembolism (PTE) is a common disease although there is still some difficulties in its diagnosis, and the mortality can be reduced by the treatment. In the diagnosis of PTE the first step is the determination of the clinic probability. Aim: In this study we aimed to...